Tampa / Clearwater / Largo - Pinellas County Area -- Support Groups / Get Together??

Zaudika
on 9/16/08 2:05 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
Hey everyone - 

I just moved to Largo, FL with my husband about 2 weeks ago.   I'm hoping to meet some new people.

Are there any support groups or Get Togethers / Dinners / etc that go on in this area?

Thanks! :)

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

Michael Eak
on 9/16/08 5:25 pm, edited 9/16/08 5:25 pm - Largo, FL
Zaudika, there are a few Support Groups who meet regularly in Pinellas county. Such as two at the Palms of Pasadena Hospital's Medical Bldg in St.Pete/Pasadena (Free OH Magazines at these meetings - see below for times - But no meeting this month on Saturday due to the WFO).  Another at the Anona Methodist Church on Indian Rocks Rd. And two at the Morton Plant Hospital.

But the Big Get Together coming up is Saturday, September 27th in Largo's Central Park for the Nation wide Fundraiser - "Walk From Obesity" -   Here is the weblink:

http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=280989
Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
Zaudika
on 9/16/08 11:14 pm - Gulf Breeze, FL
Thank you so much! .. I really appreciate having the information and will definitely plan to be at the walk!

Weight at time of Surgery: 278.   Lowest Weight 178.   Current weight 187.0.  Goal: 160.

Higels
on 9/16/08 11:56 pm - Pinellas Park, FL
The one at Anona Chruch has actually been moved.  It is still the 1st Thursday of the month, but is now held at Dr. Jesse's office located at 2039 Indian Rocks Road, Largo, FL.  I go every month, look me p if you attend.

Amy
FLGail
on 9/17/08 9:32 am - Sun City, AZ
Hi, I do a patient led   support group second tuesday of every month it is at the American Legion Post 248 on 2105 W. Jamaica St. in Tampa(near the entrance to Mcfarland park) The next on is October 14th . at 6:30 PM. I hope to have a speaker. All are welcome from newbies , to people looking in the surgery, gastric bypass people and lapband people. Hope you can come.  Gail
Michael Eak
on 9/17/08 4:55 pm, edited 9/17/08 4:56 pm - Largo, FL
Gail, will your group have a team at the the "Walk From Obesity" Saturday Sept.27th?

http://walkfromobesity.kintera.org/faf/home/default.asp?ievent=280989

(copy & paste web link)
FLGail
on 9/18/08 1:07 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hey Mike, No I wont be at the walk this year. I was there last year. This year I will be in Az during the walk. Tomorrow as a matter of fact I will be attending an Oh conference in Mesa Az. I dont come home until next sunday. I did want to come if I wasnt out of town . Hope you have a good showing.
                                                                             Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1433 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views