Tricare South Florida/Humana

jonelle32514
on 9/18/08 2:25 pm - Pensacola, FL
I was on tricare prime, but I could not get a referral for the bypass. So, I switched to standard and got my own consult.  I love not needing a referral! Anyway, my bmi was 39 and I had PCOS, enlarged liver and high triclycerides (spellng bad, I know).  My surgeon did not require any pre-op diet, just a 2 day liquid diet before surgery. I had no trouble getting approved for surgery.  I had surgery 2 weeks after my packet was submitted and I got to my goal in less than 9 months.

287/113
SurgeryWeight/CurrentWeight
5'10"

Janet C.
on 9/21/08 4:28 pm - FL
Thank you all for your info. I am calling my PCP in the morning to gat the referral from Tricare.I guess that I will have a consultation and go from there. I really can't have the surgery til Jan so I guess from what you have all said that would be about right.Thanks again.
ShellyYC
on 9/23/08 5:56 am - Orlando, FL
It took me 2 wks to get my approval from Dr. Jawad's office. I only need the referral letter from my PCP. Double check with your surgeon's office to see how far they are out.  I got my approval in August and wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving because I'm going on a cruise and the staff stated  I would lose my approval authorization and would have to sart over. So if you have to wait until Jan wait a little later to get your Tricare approval then you won't have to worry. 
Shelly- The Cruising Queen

Janet C.
on 10/1/08 3:25 pm - FL
I just recieved a call from Dr Jawad's office in Ocala and my referral to see him was approved. The referral was only sent a week ago Mon so it took about 10 days for the initial referral. According to his office I will only have a copay of $12 with Tricare Prime for my office visits I have an appointment with him On Oct. 17 for my first peliminary consultation. Hope all goes well
findurpassion
on 12/31/08 6:10 am - Virginia Beach, VA

Can anyone recommend a primary care md in the Broward County (Weston, Hollywood, Miramar) who is bariatric surgery friendly? I will need a referral if I use Tricare Prime. Thanks!

Terronda
on 2/21/09 8:21 am - Blythewood, SC

WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFORMATION ABOUT TRICARE PRIME PAYING FOR A REVISION?   I AM ABOUT 9 YEARS POST-OP, HAD 2 CHILDREN POST-OP AND CANT SEEM TO GET THE WEIGHT OFF AFTER THE LAST ONE.  DOES TRICARE EVEN CONSIDER OR WILL TEHY PAY FOR A REVISION AND WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS? HELP PLEASE!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views