I'm APPROVED!

Annie Q.
on 9/9/08 11:08 pm - Ocoee, FL
I got the call yesterday from Dr. Kim's office!  I am approved through BC/BS of CA and will be moving foward with the process.  I'm expecting my surgery date to be in late October or Early November!

Hurray!!!! 
JUNEA1948
on 9/10/08 3:12 am - FL
Congrats!  We will make room on the looser's bench.  Enjoy the new adventure.

God Bless

June Ann

Annie Q.
on 9/14/08 2:07 am - Ocoee, FL
Thank you!  The best part....I'll need a lot less room on the bench now!
mammab
on 9/10/08 11:20 am - , FL
Congrats! I have Blue Shield of CA and they won't cover Dr Kim. I live like 15 minutes from Celebration and wanted to go there but I have to go to Tampa General to Dr Murr. This approval process really sucks but I know it will be worth it.

Did you have to do the 6 mos?

Thanks for the info...
Annie Q.
on 9/14/08 2:05 am - Ocoee, FL
Hi!  Thank you!

At first BC/BS was going to cover Dr. Kim as an out-of-network doctor when he was with US Bariatric.  Now that he has opened his own practice and is picking up all insurance, he will be in network...however, he is not covered now.  The insurance company is covering it at out of network benefits and Dr. Kim's office is covering the difference. I believe it's because my surgery will happen before they get the process done to accept the approval.

When I went through the original process, Dr. Kim's office said that BC/BS would potentially cover it within network if the closest in-network doctor was more than 75 miles away.

I did not have to do the 6 months.  I had to get my PCP to write a letter to approve, get a psych eval and release, and see a nutritionist...it seemed like a huge pain in the butt at the time, but I look back now and it was nothing...

I'm so psyched...I keep looking in the mirror and thinking that I don't recognize this person in it, and I have no idea what I will look like later.  Everyone in my family is so supportive.
Kelly C.
on 9/11/08 5:49 am - Ocoee, FL
Hey neighbor!  Congratulations on getting approved!  I remember that it was such an exciting day.  Good luck on everything. 

Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Annie Q.
on 9/14/08 2:06 am - Ocoee, FL
Thank you!  Walking on sunshine!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr