I have a friend having surgery with Dr. Gagner.

jan135
on 9/5/08 11:43 pm
I know this sound completely crazy BUT I have a friend travelling all the way from Canada to have surgery by Dr. Gagner.  She is REALLY nervous and is now questioning his mortality rate!!!
If you had him as a surgeon could you please post your comments on his surgical skills.  I can pass them on to her.
Thanks so much.

WickedSwitch
on 9/6/08 12:29 am - FL
He is the most experienced DS surgeon in the country. He has an amazing reputation and is obviously a skilled surgeon. What is his mortality rate? I am a pre-op and would love to know.

If you are going by the number of deaths, that will of course be higher for 2 reasons:
Dr. Gagner takes the highest risk patients with many complications, including revisions.
Dr. Gagner has preformed thousands of WLS. So is she looking at the "rate"? The actual number compared with deaths is probably low.
jan135
on 9/6/08 1:39 am
Thanks for responding to my post.  I have told her to read this to help reassure her.
 We've been watching CNN and can't believe the storms that are coming in the next little while. 
Stay safe and take care,
Janet
Nancy K.
on 9/9/08 9:10 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Hi, if you don't mind my asking when are you supposed to have your op with Gagner?

I'm supposed to be on the 22nd of this month, lol.

I have another question if you don't mind.

Were heading down to Miami Beach on Sunday from Canada.

We have never been in a hurricane and don't quite know what to do if we end up being in one.

Any suggestions, lol.

Thanks so much,

Nancy

Ps, I'm the one Janet is talking about, lol.

JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Nancy K.
on 9/9/08 9:11 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Thank you Janet for being such a wonderful Angel.

Your always watching over me, lol.

Hugs,

Nancy
  JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views