Lap-band for teens

marie544
on 9/2/08 5:48 am - Union, MS
I had bypass done july 18th, 2005.  I weighed 296lbs.  I know weigh 133!!   Its awesome.  The reason I am here tho is my daughter.  She weighs 318lbs and she is 16.  Does anyone know of a physician in Florida that will perform the lap-band on a teen????  HHHEEELLPPP!!!
KimM.
on 9/2/08 11:48 pm
It will depend on where in Florida she lives.  I believe Florida Hospital Celebration (near Orlando) will work with teens. 

You and your daughter, however, may want to consider an option with more long-term success and better results that the Lap band.  It can work for many, but at her current weight, your daughter is a much better candidate for RNY or DS.  I understand the surgery is more drastic, but this is something that should be done only once.  The stats for banding just aren't that impressive.

Good luck.  If you let us know where in FL your daughter lives, I'm sure we can point you in the right direction.
marie544
on 9/3/08 1:11 am - Union, MS
Thank you so much!!!   I will be calling them very shortly.  We will look into other options.  We just moved to Pensacola. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views