New from FL panhandle

gatormom
on 8/30/08 1:25 pm - NW, FL

Hello.  I am pretty new to OH and just got banded on Tues, Aug.  26th.  I have been shocked at how much pain I have experienced, not to mention the horrible side effects of an all liquid diet.  I am curious how long this will last? I would love to hear from anyone who is or has been in the same situation.
Thanks!
Kristy

Ed W.
on 8/30/08 10:39 pm - Casselberry, FL
I had RNY on 8/6. Cant say much about the band, but the full liquid diet I have to be on until Sep 15 sure does have some Nasty side effects (gas, and not quite so solid bowel movements) I understand it will all settle down once we start getting some solid food and fiber in our diet. I have found some healthy Full liquid items that help with the fiber intake such as FiberOne nofat yogert (about 6 to 8 different flavors), cream of wheat, and runny oatmeal. It is all part of the transformation so bear with it, and stick with the diet plan! Good Luck on your journey!

Ed

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

gatormom
on 8/31/08 1:50 am - NW, FL
Thanks Ed, Sounds like you are having the same problems as me.  I am glad to hear I am not alone.  Hopefully I can start the cream of wheat and yougurts next week. :)   Good luck to you as well!
Redhaired
on 8/31/08 3:49 am - Mouseville, FL
Kristy-
I do not know anything about the lap band but I want to congratulation you on your surgery.

red

dmw
on 9/11/08 6:31 am
Hi Kristy,
Hope you are feeling better by now.  I had lap band surgery Sept. 3rd and was surprised by the pain as well.  I am on day eight now and feeling much better.  I am in Tallahassee, where are you located?

Deb
gatormom
on 9/14/08 8:56 am - NW, FL
I am located near Destin/Fort Walton beach.  The pain was shocking and really had me second guessing myself.  All is good now, i just can't wait until my fill.
Patty.W
on 9/14/08 4:01 am
Hope you are feeling better by now.  Did you find the LapBand Board here on OH?  Where are you in NW FL?

Patty

gatormom
on 9/14/08 8:57 am - NW, FL
Hey Patty.  I am in C'View, very near P'cola.  Is that where you are??  I see you used Dr. Nye.
Patty.W
on 9/15/08 12:28 am
Actually we live in Pace.  Yep, Dr Nye.  He is great.  I have had no problems.

gatormom
on 9/15/08 12:40 pm - NW, FL
We go through Pace all the time.  Actually big shopping at the Wal Mart for Christmas and I used to love texas roadhouse in milton.  guess i will never be able to eat that again!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views