dr search

panda2381
on 8/24/08 3:25 am - Ocala, FL

Has anyone used Dr Shebani (with Dr Jaward) that is on medicare and what how did things go and what was the financial impact on you

native2u
on 8/28/08 5:12 am - Merritt Island, FL
I haven't used him. However, I haven't had my surgery yet....I'm waiting on insurance approval first.

I'm going to go to Dr. Jaward though.
panda2381
on 8/28/08 11:42 pm - Ocala, FL
thnks for the repy...The fact tha you have insurance and using dr Jaward unfortunately does not help...I have Medicare and Dr Jaward  does not accept.  good luck
latinasoi
on 9/2/08 4:25 am - Orlando, FL
Hi, I have medicare, and I am going to see Dr. Robert T. Marema, today is my first consult with him.  Call his office they are very helpful. The St. Augustine number is 904-819-5861 they have 2 other locations, Celebration, FL and Ft. Lauderddale. They will tell you what they have available.  Good Luck!!!! 

Annette
panda2381
on 9/2/08 1:16 pm - Ocala, FL
Hi Annette,

I do not know what you know about this Dr and history.  I came from Ft Lauderdale and had a co-worker that went with him...he did the process via laparocopy rather than open...within 1yr post-op she had major complications and was rushed to hospital  he said nothing was wrong just the healing process.  She was taken to hospital and another Dr ended up being called in he opened her and her intentines twisted...So again she went thru the process )open  so suggestion is check out all available info via AMA  etc...

Best of luck
NeeNee1971
on 9/4/08 12:18 am, edited 9/4/08 12:20 am - FL
Dr. Shebani is fairly new to Dr. Jawad's practice. I am a patient of Jawad's and can't say enough good things about him. My dad and hubby also had their RNY with him. I did my research and he is the best. Every patient will have a horror story about another surgeon. There are a few about Dr. Overcash. I have never met him and have no opinion of him myself. I can only talk about the Dr. I know.

Dr. Jawad has his own forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/forums/?ID=984242940. He is one of the top 5 surgeon's in our area. I travelled from Altamonte Springs to use him. It was worth it.

I do see Dr. Shebani for follow ups and he has a great bedside manner.
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

kimtindall
on 9/7/08 4:28 am - Jacksonville, FL
Good luck with Dr Shebani!  I did NOT like him at all.  I am a patient of Dr Jawads and had to see him ONCE!  He was extremely RUDE and made me feel as though I was BENEATH him. 
Dr Jawad on the other hand...NOTHING but AWESOME things to say about him and Kevin! 

Kim 

panda2381
on 9/7/08 5:39 am - Ocala, FL
thank you for your reply...Howver, I have come to the conclusion they are all rude and arrogant.  Because of insurance, I am going with Dr Overcash.  My surgery is 9/10/08
Tea
on 9/7/08 4:34 pm - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12
Hey there,

I have heard good things about both surgeons. However always research, research, research!!!
Good luck with your surgery on the 10th and congrats.

Tiffany

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

FrancesG
on 10/29/08 4:29 pm - Kissimmee, FL
I had surgery done with Dr. Jawad and he is extremely good. I only had my follow up visit with Dr Shebani and he was pleasant. I head Dr. Jawad is one of the top surgeons in the country with this type of surgery.

315/185/175

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views