Need some help

Nancy K.
on 8/27/08 11:39 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Thank you for the website info, I will definetely check it out.

Nancy
  JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Beatriz A.
on 8/27/08 2:10 pm - Sunny Miami, FL
Unfortunely, Mount Sinai Medical center is located in a very pricey area. For a long stay I would look for furnished apartments instead of a hotel.

The area surrounding the hospital is safe, very good jewish and latin neighborhood. I do not think you will have any problems with safety.

Talk to your doc's office and ask them for suggestions or just seach on the internet..
Beatriz
Nancy K.
on 8/27/08 11:41 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Thank you for your comments, I do appreciate it.

Were an older couple and with having the surgery is more then enough stimulation that we need, lol.

I have contacted them, but they only have the list for the hotel/motels.

Nancy

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
John Hoffmann
on 8/28/08 12:26 am - Baltimore, MD
Uh, would you like caviar with that?

Miami is a beautiful city,and like any city has it's good and bad parts.  But you arent going to find anything cheap in Miami Beach, so good luck.  Perhaps you may want to check with some of your Canadian friends on these forums since you guys seem to inundate this part of the world during the winter months.  They may steer you in the right direction.

John (A bias South Floridian)
Nancy K.
on 8/28/08 3:06 am, edited 8/28/08 3:09 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi John,

I'm sorry if you think Canadians aren't good enough for your country, and that we take up all the room, etc, etc.

That being said, I don't know of anyone personally who goes to Florida for more than a week or two maybe every few years.

I personally have never been there, so this will be my 1st time ever.

And from what I understand you should be grateful to some extent, because don't we keep your economy running?

Without the money we put into your state, wouldn't you be worse off?

I'm not trying to be rude or mean or anything, unlike you apparently. I'm just pointing out that there are some good things about us going down there, even though the us is not me or anyone I know.

Also please keep in mind, it is more than likely the Quebecers who go down to Florida and if you find these people rude and obnoxious, don't worry about it because we do as well, lol.

Quebec even though it is a part of Canada, it is not the better half of us and most Canadians do not like the Quebecois, due to their rudeness, ignorance, and just plain nastiness, so please don't lump all Canadians together.

Most Canadians are very nice, gentle, kind and considerate people who go out of there way to be nice to others, unless provoked.

One way to tell a Quebecer from another Canadian is very simple if we don't have the french accent, or were not rude, obnoxious and so forth, you found the true Canadian, lol.

Mind you, there are some very decent Quebecers as well. lol.

I hope in future, when and if you meet up with a Canadian, you will keep this in mind and not judge us all together.

For example: if we were to make the same assumption as you are about all Canadians,  we could say that like your president Bush, all Americans have the comprehension of a 12 yr old, are drunk, moronic, and completely incompetent. On the plus side, at least the whole world now knows how to say nuclear in a Texan accent.

However, we all know that is not entirely true.There are alot of very intelligent and caring Americans and I do have a few friends who are American and despite that, I call them friends as they do me.

Weight  to lose is   243
John Hoffmann
on 8/28/08 4:29 am - Baltimore, MD
Nancy, I apologize, you totally took my comments out of context, and that is probably my fault.  I was only joking, but truth be told, from November through April here, we are flooded with people from all over, especially people from the Northeast US and Canada.  There is nothing wrong with either, and all are welcome.  Your right, without the influx of part time residents, mostly retirees, and tourists, Florida wouldnt exist.

Again, I'm sorry if you took my comments the wrong way.  I wish you the best of luck with your surgery.  I wish I could help you find something, but I'm afraid you may have to go further west to find what you seek.  Take care and be well.

John
Nancy K.
on 8/28/08 5:23 am, edited 8/28/08 5:23 am - Cornwall, Canada
Appology accepted and I hope if I have offended you, that you will accept my appologies as well.

Thank you for taking the time to write me about this as well as information about the area.

I'm looking at the Circa39 now and a few others on Collins street.

It is not to far and the prices don't seem to bad, the only thing is, I don't know if it is a good, clean and safe area, any imput?

If not that is ok.

Thanks again for explaining and thank you for your well wishes for my op.

You take care too, ok.

Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
John Hoffmann
on 8/28/08 7:20 am - Baltimore, MD
Well first off, anything you get on Collins is going to be loud and noisy.  South Beach is known for it's nightlife and it goes on all night.  Not the best atmosphere for someone trying to recoup from surgery.  I wouldnt say it isnt safe, just a little crazy.

Circa39 sounds like one of the smaller art deco buildings which the area  is famous for.  These places attract mostly younger, hip international types. 

When is your surgery?  I dont have to tell you how hot and humid it is here on a daily basis.  It eases up a little in the winter.

Just out of curiousity (and for no other reason) how did you end up having your surgery down here?  Do you have a preference for a particular doc there?

Anyway, good luck on your search and feel free to ask any questions you have.  Friends????

J

Nancy K.
on 8/28/08 7:47 am, edited 8/28/08 8:38 am - Cornwall, Canada

No, I didn't know it was a noisy, busy area as well as the humidity and heat. We will have to make sure the Air Cond is on all the time, lol.

I just wanted to be able to go to the beach and relax after the op, but also have a nice and quiet area as well.

My surgery in middle of Sept.

I have alot of medical problems and the doctor who is doing me, deals with people like me that no one else will touch.

That is why I going all the way down there, lol.

Can you recommend a place close by the hospital so my family can visit me, yet, it be safe and not to far from the beach.

I don't think were renting a car, but that is up in the air right now.

Thanks and yes, I just noticed the Friends and yes, I'm always looking for new friends and I would be honored to have you as one, lol.

Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
John Hoffmann
on 8/28/08 9:29 am - Baltimore, MD
I'll let you know if I can think of a place.

I had hernia surgery a week ago and have been working from home.  I have a follow up with my surgeon tomorrow morning, and should be back at work Tuesday after Labor Day.

Are you having RNY?

J
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views