Need some help

Nancy K.
on 8/22/08 10:26 am, edited 8/22/08 11:07 am - Cornwall, Canada

Hi all,

I am having my operation at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami.

I will be there approx 21 days and wanted to know if anyone could recommend any nice, good, hotels/motels close by to the hospital on or around Collings Ave  or 4302 Alton RD where the center is.

A place that is safe, clean, has a lazyboy, small fridge, (if possible), kitchenette would be nice for a good price and if possible with full breakfast for my DH.

Being close to the beach would be nice, so I can re-coup on it, as we don't have a car.

A cheap car rental, would be great, too.

I know I'm asking alot, but was hoping to get some information and advice.

Thank you all so much for reading this long post and for all your help.

Nancy

JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Cruisinpat
on 8/22/08 11:34 am
Sorry I can't help with any information but I wanted to wish you good wishes on your upcoming surgery. One suggetion that I have is to check with the surgeon or hospital. They typically have a list of reasonably priced hotels in the area that will be furnished as you need. I had my surgery in Ocala and I received the hotel info from the hospital. Good luck.

Nancy K.
on 8/22/08 12:02 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Thank you very much for taking the time to write me, I really do appreciate it.

I did get a list, but all the places are very expensive, and there is no info on which ones are safe, etc.

I was hoping for people who know the area and can tell me which hotels are good and so forth.

The internet only shows the good side of the places, lol.

Again thank you.

Nancy

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Cruisinpat
on 8/22/08 1:34 pm
I hear what you're saying. Miami does have some areas that you are better off staying away from.

Nancy K.
on 8/27/08 11:24 pm - Cornwall, Canada

Thank you for responding, and yes, I think it is not just miami it is everywhere, but since were heading that, we have to do what we can to be safe, lol.

Thanks,
Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
Redhaired
on 8/22/08 2:30 pm - Mouseville, FL
I think anywhere you stay on Miami Beach is going to be expensive.  You might want to call the hospital social work department and ask for suggestions. 

Nancy K.
on 8/27/08 11:27 pm - Cornwall, Canada

I have, but again it is all hotels and expensive, lol.

Thank you for responding.

Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
ssflbelle
on 8/23/08 9:33 am - West Palm Beach, FL
http://www.atasiahotels.com/miami.htm    That web site might help you. Good luck.   If you don't mind me asking, Why do you have to be there for 21 day? I never heard of such a long stay for surgery?  I hope everything is ok

Amanda    Surgery was 1/26/2016 Surgery Weight  314   Highest Weight 497

lost  183 pounds before surgery

Nancy K.
on 8/27/08 11:38 pm - Cornwall, Canada
Thank you for the website, I will be checking it out.

I live in Canada so it is a long way to go and the doctor wants to see me 14 days after the op so instead of traveling twice, we just staying down there for the allocated time.

I'm having my consult 5 days before the surgery, then after the surgery, I have the 14 days post op exam. that is why I'm staying so long, lol.

Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
Redhaired
on 8/24/08 1:44 am - Mouseville, FL
You might also want to check hospitalsoup.com.  There you can do a search for your hospital and then pull up a list of hotels sorted by distance from the hospital.

Red

http://www.hospitalsoup.com/listing/8443-mount-sinai-medical -center

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views