Can you go to ANY support group?

ThisisRidiculous
on 8/21/08 4:20 pm
I am having lapband in a week...here in Florida.  BUT I don't live in Florida full time.  Also,  when in Florida I actually LIVE at least a half hour away from the hospital where they have my monthly support meetings.  Can I attend some that are in hospitals closer to my home or are you supposed to go where you had your surgery done?

Thanks.
Redhaired
on 8/21/08 8:55 pm - Mouseville, FL
It just depends on the group.  Many are open so that anyone can attend, others are surgeon specific.  If there is an OH support group in your area those groups are open to all comers.  I would call some of the surgeons in your area that perform the lapband and ask if their groups are open.  All that being said, I think it is terrific to attend your surgeon's support group if at all possible.  But I am in the same boat as you, my surgeon is in Omaha so I simply cannot attend his support group.  I would check to see if your surgeon has a yahoo group.  That way you can stay in touch with that specific surgeon's protocols and such.

Red

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/08 2:03 am, edited 8/22/08 2:04 am - FL
My surgery was a half an hour away from my home....I go to Cleveland Clinic in Weston which is 5 minutes form my home...they have welcomed with supportive and warm hearts!  :)  see my post I just added for WLS meetings in Broward Cty.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views