DS Surgeon in or near Brevard County?

Victorious_one
on 8/19/08 5:32 pm - South Central, PA
Hi, everyone.  I had originally decided on the lap band, but that's not going to work. 

I'm very interested in the DS.

Has anyone had it?  Who was your surgeon?

Also, does anyone know of a DS surgeon in or near Brevard County, Florida?  Will travel.  Both my husband and I are very interested.  Volusia, Indian River, and Orlando are near by.

Thanks!
Redhaired
on 8/19/08 9:35 pm - Mouseville, FL
There are not too many of us DSers who post on this board.  I guess mainly because for years there were no DS surgeons in Florida.  I am two years out, lost about 140lbs and feel great.  I think the DS is the greatest thing since bubble gum.  I would be happy to answer any questions you have about the procedure and post op life.

Red

Tea
on 8/20/08 2:52 am - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12

Hi,

I haven't gotten the DS yet, but I think its the best choice. The closest DS surgeon worth going to will be Dr. Gagner. He is located on Miami Beach, FL. Here is his office number= 1-305-674-3906. He is the top bariatric in the U.S I believe.

There is another Dr. in Ocala. Dr. Overcash, but he hasn't done enough DS surgeries to touch me!! You can google his info. These are the only two DS surgeons in Florida to my knowledge.

Tiffany

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

slimderella
on 8/22/08 9:22 am - Orlando, FL
You may want to try Dr. Wiljon Beltre in Altamonte Springs.  His office # is: 407-830-6868.  I am not certain that he performs DS, but if not, the office staff may be able to help point you in the right direction...

Good luck!

~ Monica
Redhaired
on 8/24/08 5:04 am - Mouseville, FL
He does not do the DS, or at least he is not listed as a DS surgeon on duodenalswitch.com

Cruisinpat
on 8/22/08 9:41 am
I had the DS with Dr. Overcash in Ocala. As someone else said he hasn't done a lot of DSes but I am very happy with my results. He's a great surgeon. I spoke with his first DS patient before going to him. She is doing great also. I think the DS is the best WLS out there. Good luck.

beach2560
on 8/23/08 12:29 pm - Sandy Beach, FL

I live in Vero Beach, Indian River County.  My DS surgeon is Dr. Gagner of Mount Sinai Medical Center.  It took 7 months for me to get in to see Dr. Gagner.  It was well worth the wait.  Dr. Gagner is Excellent.  His staff calls you, answers your questions, and they care about you.  It's a nasty trip into Miami Beach but it's a small price to pay.

I'm having my DS surgery September 12th.

Good luck

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views