Support Group in Broward

MarinoX2
on 8/19/08 7:01 am - Coconut Creek, FL
Hellooooo..Hope all has faired well with Fay!!  I'll be glad for the rain to stop and for a little sunshine!

I had surgery June of 2007 ~ so am just over a year and have lost 115 pounds with the VSG...well, I am starting back into some old eating habits and not following my program.  I can also eat WAY more than I know I should.

I never went to support groups, as I had my surgery out of state.  I think I really need to start!!  I need to get back on track and think it may help.

Does anyone know of any support groups in Broward county?

Thanks All...
Harry Potter
on 8/19/08 10:56 am - Hollywood, FL
yes, i go to my doctor support group. he is located in margate.
drwizman.com is his website, check the calendar, they have one on aug 28th.
he is really good too!

Revision RNY 05/14/2014

Current Weight: 197

StaceyS
on 8/20/08 6:52 am - Coral Springs, FL
Cleveland Clinic Weston has support groups. I go to the ones the last Monday of each month.

4PM - Emotional Support
5PM - Chat Group
6PM - Speaker

PM if you want more info.

I've been going to these meetings since before the surgery and they are, to me, invaluable.

Stacey

Highest - 330     Liquid diet - 326   Surgery day -  308.5
AOL IM: Staceyshoppersfl

miniplk
on 8/27/08 11:58 am - Davie, FL
Hello Kitty

This is Paula. I am 8 years post-op RNY. I run an independent support group for post-op veterans. We are all more than one year post-op. Some members are 10 - 15 years post-op, We talk about some very different things than the medical practices. Some meetings are peer support and others are educational with speakers.

I hope you can join us some time. We meet in Hollywood Fla on the 3rd Thursday of each month.

I am also running a full day conference in Hollywood Fla on Saturday Sept 20th.

E mail me directly at [email protected] and I will send you complete event and meeting details. We will be having a social event Friday Sept 19th at TGI Friday's in Hollywood at the Oakwood Plaza. I also have discounted hotel rooms available.

I hope you can come!

Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views