County schools are closed...but my job is still open!

Sarahlicious
on 8/17/08 8:26 am - Portsmouth, OH
I know there are many jobs that will remain open. But I work at a university, reg. classes aren't even in session yet, adult evening classes just started last week...well the news is saying how 3 surrounding counties are closed due to Fay...even though we are almost out of the cone there are still outer bands, etc. So I just check my job's website because they were scheduled for a 7 p.m. update and it says we are still open. WTH? They will update again tonight at 11 p.m. 

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

C-There
on 8/17/08 8:55 am - Brevard County, FL
 It makes no sense, I totally understand.  I used to work at a law firm and we were expecting a direct hit one year - they made us work a full day, knowing the next morning they would be evacuating coastal areas for a Cat III.  At that point, I left town, and blamed not coming back immediately on my hubby.  

This is why my "hurricane box" is always packed and ready ahead of time, and then I can take the day or two to hunker down or stay at home reading.  Anything at a Cat III, I leave town, just depends on the direction, etc.  Good luck and try not to stress over things you are not in control of - remember that WORK is a 4-letter word!  
Harry Potter
on 8/17/08 9:53 am - Hollywood, FL
Sarah I want to be your friend again, I was awhile ago, but something happened and I'm not anymore..boo=hoo

Revision RNY 05/14/2014

Current Weight: 197

Stephanie B.
on 8/18/08 2:45 am - North Port, FL
We are closing early today to be ready (I live on the Sarasota County/Charlotte County line) we are an insurance agency ! LOL We have to be ready to be back ASAP after the storm though to take claims calls. Have they decided to close you yet? We are now expecfting almost a direct hit.

Stephanie Mommy to William 06/09/97, Kenny 09/24/98 and Lex 11/08/07

melcha
on 8/18/08 10:16 am - Winter Haven, FL
My office is closed but my boss has told us all that we have to work from home.
KimM.
on 8/18/08 10:39 pm
I feel your pain.  All area schools are closed, we've been warned to move all patio furniture and prep emergency supplies, there's an evacuation order in effect for mobile homes and we've prepped our city the best we can....and yet city employees are at work this morning.  And doing business with absolutely no one because everyone's home.

What bothers me even more is that there's no indication we'll be released early, even though the worst weather should hit around rush hour.  God forbid a day or even half a day's work be missed due to strong tropical weather.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views