OT Relocating to Florida/ Need help!!

Doranna S.
on 8/17/08 1:46 am - University Park, IL
My husband, self and dog (large) are relocating to Southeast Florida in January, 2009. 
We are interested in the areas from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale/Dania to West Palm Beach.  Does anyone know of a  rental community there that would welcome us and our doggie with open arms?  My husband is of retirement age, but I'm not, so we will consider senior communities where only one person has to be a senior.  I also would like a washer/dryer hookup in the unit and a safe neighborhood.  Any help will be appreciated.  We are not ready to buy.  I'm checking rent.com and other sites as well.  Please feel free to pm me or email me at [email protected] , as well as reply to thread. I really appreciate this!
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21                                                                          

Looking for a high-quality liquid vitamin? www.shopgbg.com/arthurslaton
(deactivated member)
on 8/17/08 4:29 am
Hey there........ welcome to FLORIDA~ real soon!

I can't help with rental info on the other coast (I am on the west central coast).  Keep looking.  You should be able to find the community that is just what you ordered!  Pets are not the problem they once were in rentals.  Keep loooking.  You are going to love FLORIDA!!!

Vicky
Doranna S.
on 8/17/08 10:17 pm - University Park, IL
Thanks Vicky!!!
"Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen."  Ephesians 3:20-21                                                                          

nicole W.
on 8/18/08 1:01 am - Bismarck, ND
We just relocated from Minnesota to Florida, and we were able to find our condo on craigslist. We found a realtor on there who had tons of pics and information, and we actually rented sight unseen. Be careful with craigslist, but you may get lucky like we did. Our condo is fully furnished, a block from the ocean and the river, gated community, and right off the main roads. It is safe, and so far working out really well. They also allow one pet, there is a fee. As far as communities allowing pets, most of them that we looked at allowed one dog with anywhere from $200-$400 deposit. Good luck.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Doranna S.
on 8/18/08 2:46 am - University Park, IL
Thank you for the info!  I'll check craigs list.  Your place sounds wonderful!

Cathy614
on 8/19/08 2:32 am - Viera, FL
Hi Doranna,

Good luck with your rental search!  I live too far north of the area where you are relocating, otherwise I would offer my services and help you out with finding a rental.

Now is a good time to be looking at areas and aquainting yourself with neighborhoods you may want to consider.  It will help you narrow down your choices and not become too overwhelmed when you get down here.  A word of advice - most owners will not hold a rental for more than 30 days.  So if you found a rental online now that is currently available, it may be rented by the time you move here in January.  Snowbird season is Jan-Apr.  Any furnished rentals you may be considering will be in demand during the season.

Alot of rentals these days do accept pets and you should expect to pay a non-refundable pet fee about $200-$400.  Some of my owners will also ask for an additional refundable pet security deposit with larger or multiple animals. 

You may need to look more at single family homes to rent rather than a condo or townhome.  Most condo/townhome associations have a 30-40 lb. weight limit on pets.  Make sure to ask up front about any weight restrictions or restrictions on breeds of animals.  I have had clients that fell in love with a place and then found out they would not take a larger pet or any pet.

Also - before you move into your new rental home - I suggest you take pictures to document any problems/damage to the rental unit when you first moved in.  That way if there is any issue over a claim on the security deposit, you have pictures to back you up. 

Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help with what I can.  

Cathy 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views