Questions about the Band

unidos
on 8/16/08 10:59 pm - Deland, FL
I recently became vegitarian, well i still eat dairy and eggs. Will I still be able to continue this when i have the band?

How much water should you drink a day with the band?

thanks again..

davidu7
on 8/17/08 12:39 am - UK
I Had my band installed Jan. o8 I'm not a Veg. but have a buddy that is and he is waiting for his band. As long as you eat a balanced meal plan you should have no trouble. I was sick about a month after my band and was not eating or drinking and went into liver failure so do keep your water intake high at least 6 glases a day.   David,  Falmouth England
unidos
on 8/17/08 12:51 am - Deland, FL
Thanks David,

How much can you eat with it?  I know people who drink with the other operations. what about the band?  Sucks I work in a pub... haha no more yards for me :(

cheerz
davidu7
on 8/17/08 5:24 am - UK
by the way it was my kidneys not my liver,
After the operation my stomach swelled after the stiching to hold the band in place and four 24 hours I could not hold any food down. This cleared up after 24 hours. If I ate slowly I could eat about 1/2 the amount before surgery. Two of the people that talked to our support group had refused to have an fill added to their band. I had mixed filling about haveing any fill added to mine. I did have 3ml on my 1st fill and now I'm at 6ml total it has made a differance in the way I can eat it now takes me an hour to eat a toasted sandwich and if I eat two fast I ge a bad case of hicups. I am staying at this fill while we visit the US this Now o8 to Feb 09 You must chew your food well. I have lost 8 inches off my waist, I lost 28 lbs before the operation and 35 lbs after the op. I felt it was the operation for me I think the bypass is a little too much unless you are really very over weight.

David

If you have any more questions fill free to ask.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views