Update on SFL GTG

Aphrodites
on 8/11/08 5:01 am, edited 8/11/08 5:05 am - FL
Hi Everyone!!

I just wanted to update everyone on the official date and time for our gtg. The gtg will be on Saturday September 20th at 5:00 pm. It will still be in  Ft. Lauderdale, specifically around the Sawgrass Mall area. If you have not received an evite or are interested in joining please give me your email so I can forward you the invitation. You can either post it here on the board or email it to me at
[email protected]

Hope to see everyone there!!

Johanna

My Food Blog 

Redhaired
on 8/11/08 5:18 am - Mouseville, FL
Ok I'll bite what is gtg?

Aphrodites
on 8/11/08 5:42 am, edited 8/11/08 5:42 am - FL
sorry gtg means Get ToGether.  It basically means a small reunion with other people.  Specifically what I am doing here is organizing a gathering (get together) amongst other members who live in the same area.

My Food Blog 

Redhaired
on 8/11/08 5:45 am - Mouseville, FL
Oh I know what a get together is -- I just had not seen that abbreviation before.  Thanks so much for the info.

Red

Aphrodites
on 8/11/08 5:53 am - FL
NP   I guess sometimes I write so fast and shorthand, I forget that not everyone will get my lingo. sorry

My Food Blog 

Michael Eak
on 8/11/08 5:49 am - Largo, FL
miniplk
on 8/11/08 6:05 am - Davie, FL
Hi Johanna

I am interested in your gtg. Did you know there is a Meet & Greet already scheduled for Fri, Sept 19th? On Saturday, Sept 20th there is a full day conference in Hollywood. If you give me your e mail I can send you complete event details. Let's join forces and get everyone together.

Paula
[email protected]

Aphrodites
on 8/11/08 6:33 am - FL
I just sent you the evite. What is a meet & greet? I didn't know about this event, but either way I wouldnt be able to make it since it's during the work week. As for Sept 20th I was really just interested in a small gathering, nothing formal. Just something small and intimate so people can talk to each other more.

Just out of curiosity when was this posted? I've been going back into other post and haven't seen anything mentioning this, otherwise I wouldn't have selected the same date.

ok well if you're interested in going let me know.

Thanks

My Food Blog 

miniplk
on 8/11/08 7:23 am - Davie, FL
Hi

A Meet & Greet is much the same as a gtg. We pick a venue that is accomodating to our needs and everyone meets there. It is usually a restaurant  with a private room and has good menu options. I run these every year before our conferences. This way if there are people from out of town attending, we all get to know each other a little better in a socail setting before the conference.

The conference which will be a full day on Saturday and is located in Hollywood. We have special speakers, vendors and fun classes going on. This is also going to be our annual Sampling Event where vendors send product samples and all attendees go home with bags full of goodies. The Friday night meet and greet is after business hours and is just social.

Everyone is welcome to attend. I am looking for a location in the Hollywood/Ft. Lauderdale vicinity. It would be great if we can all meet together.

Paula
Aphrodites
on 8/11/08 7:34 am - FL
I would like to make one large group, but we seem to have a conflict of availability. The members that are going have all mentioned that the most convenient day of the week would be a Saturday and with the schedule of some members late September was the best date. This is how we came up with the date. Our gtg will be around 5 pm. Do you think you can either change or add an after conference gathering?

Is this conference sponsered by OH? Do you have a website for more details? Up to what time is the conference?

My Food Blog 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views