New Here.....please read

christikatee
on 8/7/08 2:47 am - Orlando, FL
John Hoffmann
on 8/6/08 9:04 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey prnati143, greetings from the southeast coast.  Your on the right track and OH is a great resource of information.  Please feel free to ask any questions, lots of experience here.  Also, multiple forums with a variety of topics to cover almost anything you can imagine WLS related.  Good luck on your journey and feel free to write at any time, always looking to make new friends.  Be well.

John
prnati143
on 8/7/08 11:27 am - Patchogue, NY
thank you  :)
KimM.
on 8/7/08 11:11 pm
Hey there.  I saw your post on the DS board yesterday.  I'm just starting the journey too.  I've had a surgical consult and am starting a required 6-month supervised diet (not everyone has to - depends on your insurance).

If you're looking to share experiences with someone walking along the same path, feel free to reach out.  It's always good to compare and share.

A note:  I know you're researching all wls options and you'll decide on the best possible option for you.  The more I read about the DS, though, the more I've realized it's the platinum standard.  A significant number of those who undergo RNY end up being revised to DS.  If you'd like information, studies or case histories, almost enyone on the DS board can supply them.  Dr. Overcash in Ocala and Dr. Gagner - a pioneer in the field - in Miami both perform the DS.

Good luck in your search and on your journey.  Regardless of the choice you make, it seems clear from these boards that wls can extend and improve our lives.  Good luck!
northshore_queen
on 8/8/08 1:27 pm - miami, FL
HI MY NAME IS JARITZA AND I STARTED THIS JOURNEY LIKE A MONTH AGO, I NEED MY INSURANCE APPROVAL ASWELL. I DONT HAVE SIX MONTHS OF SUPERVISED DIET I ONLY HAVE THREE BUT ITS GETTING CLOSER... I ALREADY HAD EVERYTHING DONE THOUGH, IM JUST MISSING MY PRE OPERATION LABS AND IM HOLDING THAT UNTIL I GET MY APPROVAL. IM GOING TO SUBMIT AFTER THE 16TH OF THIS MONTH. MY INSURANCE IS UNITEDHEALTH CARE, DOES ANY BODY HAVE A GOOD/BAD COMMENT ABOUT THIS INSURANCE? LET ALL DO THIS TOGETHER OUR ONLY LIMIT SHOULD BE THE SKY..!
KimM.
on 8/11/08 10:30 am
Individual policies vary, but so far -- so far -- my experience with UHC has been positive.  Oddly enough, they at first told me my employer had not opted for a special sub-policy program that covered bariatric surgery, but I assume I'm talking to an average person looking up mostly the same info I have, so I' going to assume it was mistake.

I did register with the program and had a consult over the phone with a case manager.  She was very positive and liked that I'd chosen a Center of Excellence.  ValGroce on the DS board also has UHC and said her approval went perfectly.  Even my surgeon's office mentioned to me that UHC was one of the more friendly offices.

Good luck with your journey.  If you haven't already researched it, I'm compelled to mention the duodenal switch procedure.  It's fast becoming known as the platinum standard in wls.  Many rny-ers end up being revised to DS.  Check out the board an its many users, all more than willing to share everything they know.  Regardless of your decision, good luck.  Who knew we could enjoy a better, healthier life?
northshore_queen
on 8/8/08 1:31 pm - miami, FL
WE CAN DO THIS, IM ALSO NEW HERE. I HAVE BEEN GETTING EVERYTHING DONE BUT IM AFRAID MY INSURANCE WILL DENY ME...LETS SEE WHAT HAPPENS. IF I CANT GET IT DONE NOW ID HAVE TO WAITE TILL DECEMBER, AND I REALLLY DONT WANT TO WAITE THAT LONG. I AM SO READY!!! I HAVE UNITEDHEALTH CARE, WHAT ABOUT YOU?
prnati143
on 8/9/08 6:32 am - Patchogue, NY
I have Medicaid........
Marli *\o/*
on 8/12/08 4:04 am - FL

Welcome! This is a great place to get info. I would suggest reading profiles - it give really good insight to life post surgery. Feel free to PM me any time if you have any questions.

jon always by you.
"Poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another"
www.myspace.com/marlionsafari * www.flickr.com/marlibonjovi
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/marlinelson

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views