New Here.....please read

prnati143
on 8/4/08 1:25 am - Patchogue, NY

Hi I am new here to this website.. I am in the process on working getting my surgery done and I am looking for a few friends to talk to thru out this long journey I am about to go thru.... I have so many questions and I would like to here stories and see before and after pics.... So if anyone wants to chat please feel free to message me...

Michael Eak
on 8/4/08 6:17 am - Largo, FL
Here is a WLS Support Group that meets down in Bradenton - http://mwlssg.com/
Their next meeting is Tuesday August 12th, 2008

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
prnati143
on 8/4/08 11:30 am - Patchogue, NY
thank you very much.........
Redhaired
on 8/4/08 7:18 am - Mouseville, FL
Welcome to the Florida forum.  Which surgery are you thinking about?  I had the duodenal switch and I could not be happier!

Red

prnati143
on 8/4/08 11:28 am - Patchogue, NY
On August 4, 2008 at 2:18 PM Pacific Time, Redhaired wrote:
Welcome to the Florida forum.  Which surgery are you thinking about?  I had the duodenal switch and I could not be happier!

Red
Well I was considering the Roux-en-y gastric bypass....  I feel its the best for me.....
Redhaired
on 8/4/08 9:28 pm - Mouseville, FL
Good luck.  I hope your surgery goes well and you have great success.

Red

Michael Eak
on 8/4/08 1:27 pm - Largo, FL
A Suggestion for you,,,,,,,,,,,,
If you have not chosen a particular Surgeon yet. Attend as many Seminars, as you possibly can on ALL of the Weight Loss Surgery types in your area. Are you Self Paying? All of the Surgical Units have info on Companies who will loan money. Using Employee Insurance? You'll need to check with them to see if there's an exclusion in the policy to not pay for WLS. And if your on Medicare or have one of those Insurance Companies who would manage your medicare policy - You will then need to use a surgical unit who has been granted the "Center of Excellence Award". 

But over-all, you'll need to find out the Criteria on whichever WLS you decide on plus the criteria of how your surgery will be paid for. As most Insurances require you have records of past Weight Loss Programs you've attempted plus at least or more a consectitive month-to-month doctor supervise & documented in your medical records of a diet. This is to say "That you have the determination to stay with the WLS program".

Good Luck on starting your Weightloss Journey to be Healthier,
Mike

Open RNY 5/10/06 and now
Laparoscopic Realize Banding. 4/21/09
9/1/09 I've rec'd 4 fills and lost 86 lbs. so far.
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.
prnati143
on 8/4/08 3:16 pm - Patchogue, NY
On August 4, 2008 at 8:27 PM Pacific Time, Michael Eak wrote:
A Suggestion for you,,,,,,,,,,,,
If you have not chosen a particular Surgeon yet. Attend as many Seminars, as you possibly can on ALL of the Weight Loss Surgery types in your area. Are you Self Paying? All of the Surgical Units have info on Companies who will loan money. Using Employee Insurance? You'll need to check with them to see if there's an exclusion in the policy to not pay for WLS. And if your on Medicare or have one of those Insurance Companies who would manage your medicare policy - You will then need to use a surgical unit who has been granted the "Center of Excellence Award". 

But over-all, you'll need to find out the Criteria on whichever WLS you decide on plus the criteria of how your surgery will be paid for. As most Insurances require you have records of past Weight Loss Programs you've attempted plus at least or more a consectitive month-to-month doctor supervise & documented in your medical records of a diet. This is to say "That you have the determination to stay with the WLS program".

Good Luck on starting your Weightloss Journey to be Healthier,
Mike

I have Medicaid..... I have been trying to get this surgery and reasearch about it for like 3 yrs and it is about ime now that i have insurance that i get it done...... I cant wait...
carlak
on 8/5/08 12:55 am - Bradenton, FL
Hi There,
Im Carla and I dont live to far from you. I am in Bradenton. I am 6 years out and have lost 150 pounds. Email me and maybe I can help you through your journey.
My personal email is [email protected]
I am a haircutter/hairdresser at Supercuts at Lockwood Ridge and University. That is on the boarder of Bradenton and Sarasota.
CArla
image hosting site

nicole W.
on 8/6/08 1:15 am - Bismarck, ND
Welcome to OH. I have been here since February of 2007. I am now 14 months out. This site has been one of the best things I have done to prepare for this surgery, and now to suceed with it. Before it was the best thing for me to do because everyone was able to answer questions and concerns that I had, and helped me in my research. After, it was the best thing I could do to see that I was not the only one going through the things that they dont tell you about in the surgeon's office  It seems like no questions are off limits, and none are silly. So again welcome, and I had a great time going to people's profiles and reading about everyone's journey, and especially looking at pics. It made it real, that this was the best choice, and would change my life for ever.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views