Need psych within Blue Cross network/Broward

ThisisRidiculous
on 8/3/08 2:50 pm
I need a psych evaluation for my pre-op workup,  but the person their office normally works with is not in my network.  I can't just open the phonebook and find one because the psychologists all seem to work in certain specialties.  Anyone know one in the Plantation area who can do a bariatric evaluation and is in the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network?  Thanks for your help.
Redhaired
on 8/4/08 7:20 am - Mouseville, FL
What you may have to do is get some names from your insurance carrier and then ask if anyone has used them.  Sort of back into the information.

Red

wd4oay
on 8/6/08 10:01 am - Miami, FL
If you don't mind travelling down to Miami, there is Laurel Brucato's office (305) 232-6463.  They are on vacation until August 18th, but they are on BCBSFL network.
Good luck.
hunny_0731
on 8/19/08 1:29 am - Boca Raton, FL
Let me ask you a ?....    You have blue cross and blue shield of FL? and they approved your surgery???  i have the same insurance and there telling me NOBODY approves this surgery anymore?
wd4oay
on 8/22/08 11:52 am - Miami, FL
Look up the Miami Hope Bariatric Center (Drs Anthony Gonzalez and Jorge Rabaza), here in Miami.  They work out of South Miami Hospital and are a Blue Cross and Blue Shield Center of Excellence.  They are working with me and other people at my state of Florida job who all have BCBSFL to get us all approved.  According to them, if it is medically necessary.  BCBS will approve you!  Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views