Just moved to FL from MN would like to join your room

nicole W.
on 8/2/08 1:33 am - Bismarck, ND
Hello all. I am 14 months post op fro RNY up in Minnesota. I had quite the experience with my surgery, and had major complications, yet I would do it ALL OVER AGAIN. I have lost 124 pounds, dropped from size 24W to size 3-4, and all of my comorbidities are gone. I look forward to getting to know local WLS people in the Florida area, and finding about any support groups in Brevard Co. as well.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
Ed W.
on 8/2/08 2:11 am - Casselberry, FL
Welcome to Florida! There are a couple of support groups in the Orlando area, but I am sure someone on here can let you know about Brevard County! Congratulations on your success so far!

Ed

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

nicole W.
on 8/2/08 6:23 am - Bismarck, ND
Thank you for the welcome Ed. I see your day is fast approaching. Best of luck with the surgery, it is SO worth it.
 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0114 by you. 2007_0529WEIGHTLOSS0117 by you. Sparkles by you. 
C-There
on 8/2/08 10:38 am - Brevard County, FL
 I had a mtg. at the Melbourne Mall last week, one person from Viera (30 min. north) showed up.  We talked about having another mtg. on the weekend (before Labor Day) in a different location.  I have yet to post a new mtg. date, no response to the local mtg. post. - only views.  There is a local Dr. that has a support group - but if you are NOT his patient, you have to pay to attend the mtgs.  Orlando or Daytona is an hour drive, Sanford is 1.5 hrs., Ft. Lauderdale is 1.5-2 hrs. - any direction is all Highway.  I will pick a day before the weekend is out.  Welcome to FL!   
C-There
on 8/2/08 11:13 pm - Brevard County, FL
 Starting a Support Group Mtg. for Brevard County.   In order for this to work, people need to respond to this post, give input - not just view the post and say they can't make it.  Here are some dates and times I have in mind, which ever gets the most input, is the date and time we go with.  If we have interest in 2 locations, we can go with that too.  Please email me DIRECTLY from my profile page with your contact infoso I can contact you with the results and keep you current with info.  
CHOICES:  

1.  Wed., August 20th, 1:00 p.m., at Java Hut Coffee House, Melbourne Beach (A1A and 192);

2.  Wed., August 20th, 6:00 p.m., at Viera Starbucks, northside of Wyckham Rd (west of I-95);

3.  Sat., August 23rd, 1:00 p.m., at Viera Starbucks, northside of Wyckham Rd (west of I-95).
RavenLunatic
on 8/4/08 4:24 pm - Deltona, FL
Hello and welcome to Hell... ((I MEAN FLORIDA..))  I'm Orig. from Mn. myself.. But,  Been here Most of my life.. Anyway.. Welcome.. If you have any questions.. We are here to help.

Randy "RavenLunatic" Cooke
nicole W.
on 8/4/08 10:38 pm - Bismarck, ND
LOL thanks for the welcome. Yep, it is an interesting environment down here. Although I will take the heat over the freezing cold 3 feet of snow. We'll see how I feel in a few more weeks.
Gina Y.
on 8/16/08 1:50 pm, edited 8/16/08 1:51 pm - Palm Bay, FL
Nicole,

Welcome to Florida!  What part of Brevard county did you move to? I am in Palm Bay/Melbourne area on the east coast. I am still pre-op but I will definitely be looking for a support group myself. You look great and so tiny! Doesn't look like you had much of a problem w/loose skin at all even your arms look firm! Great job!! I hope I look as good when I'm done.
I read you do autopsies on the weekends. I don't think I could go that far but I love watching the Forensic Files shows. It's all so amazing!!

Gina

HW306/SW284/CW274/GW135
Gastric Bypass 04/08/09
nicole W.
on 8/17/08 1:25 am - Bismarck, ND
Gina,
I am in Melbourne Beach. As far as loose skin, I have a huge amount on my stomach and my boobs have permenantly gone south for the winter, but a good bra and good fitting top do wonders! As far as my arms go, I think I have learned the art of tucking the skin for pics! I am working on the skin part now, and exercising has helped some with toneing up the muscles underneath, so that does help some. Because of my second surgery for the leak, I have a huge scar down the middle. I joke that even though I lost my butt on the back, I gained one on the front of me! Yet, it is all worth it. Even if I never get my plastic surgery, I look great fully clothed, and my husband doesn't mind me without clothes, so I am happy enough. The health benefits have been amazing, and so worth it. Are you going to have surgery soon, or are you still researching? I have no regrets at all  and would do it again in a heartbeat to enjoy the health benefits I have now, plus being able to shop in the Jr. section isn't a bad thing either lol. Good luck in your journey, it is quite the roller coaster.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views