For those of you that don't take dumping on sugar seriously or

luvsexytrstno1
on 7/31/08 7:20 pm - Anchorage, AK
better yet, don't think you do dump on sugar so you think you can't dump on it.  Boy have I got a story for you.  I am one of those post ops that can get away with some sugar so I decided to pu**** with dangerous results.  My post should serve as a warning, don't let this happen to you.
you can read it here;
http://luvsexytrstno1.blogspot.com/2008/08/dumping-we-will-g o-dumping-we-will-go.html
(deactivated member)
on 8/1/08 1:43 am - Orlando, FL
"I know some of you will want to argue with me that a slice of cake is a lot different than shooting up some heroin or getting drunk while trying to care for your child but after this surgery, is it really?"

Can't argue with you on this one! I too dump like this which is why I try not to go over 10 grams of sugar. I can sometimes push 15, but like I said, it's pushing it and depending what time of the day it is.  Definitely on an empty stomach, the dumping is worse.  31 grams is definitely too much.

Thankfully your daughter is well and safe and now you know not to do it again!!

I love chocolate donuts, Oreo cookies, and stuff like that but I will not buy them because every time I go into the kitchen I'll want to grab one (especially those donut holes).  Even today, our office treated us to Krispy Kreme donuts! I stayed away from them.  The smell of the sugar that oozed out of the three boxes was enough to make me dump! 

Thanks for sharing your experience, although not a pleasant one, but definitely a serious one and we should be careful.

Take care!
Kristen H.
on 8/2/08 10:52 am - Orlando, FL
I am coming up on my five-year anniversary, and I still dump (thank goodness!)
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
C-There
on 8/3/08 9:50 am - Brevard County, FL
 3 yrs RNY post op - I recently went to a dietician to re-evaluate my food intake/calories, etc.  Before I set the appt. I asked - "are you familiar with WLS"...  When I got there I realized she wasnt as informed as she should have been.  She didnt understand why I "personally" couldnt eat certain foods still at 3 yr. out w/o dumping.  Hello lady, everyone who has WLS is different.   When I do eat foods that I know have even a tiny bit of sugar, tasting things, I make sure to "wa****" with water.  I prefer to have a bite instead of any normal size or half of a portion - due to the reason you have mentioned.  Sorry you had to go thru that, but we all learn by our mistakes - once is all it takes.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views