Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Overcash....

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 12:59 pm - Orlando, FL
Really? well she called last week and was told that he didn't. I will tell her to call again.
Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/08 7:51 am, edited 7/31/08 7:52 am - Orlando, FL
She called.  He will take her! Either she or myself got confused as she's called so many doctors' offices.  Seeing him in Orlando would take approximately two months, so she's going to see him in St. Augustine, and she's got to go with some labs and other reports he's requested.  That's a start! Unlike Dr. Jeckyll who didn't order a thing!  She called his office and told the nurse, that she found a doctor with a better sense of humor and asked for the records to be released. Hoping all goes well for her.  Will keep the board updated.
Kristen H.
on 7/31/08 10:45 am - Orlando, FL
Dr Marema will want to see an upper GI for starters. I worked with him for three years, and he did my husband's sleeve gastrectomy. Tell him that I said hello!
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
(deactivated member)
on 7/31/08 10:49 am - Orlando, FL

Yep, that's one of the other tests he wants, the upper GI.  I'm going with my sis so I'll be sure to say hello on your behalf!

tmn9761
on 7/29/08 10:28 pm - New Port Richey, FL

Hi..no advice really regarding Ocala/Orlando - I do know there are fine surgeons in that area and I'm sure many here will be happy to provide you information. 

If, however, you decide to search beyond the Orlando area, I would highly recommend my surgeon, Dr. Richard Gordon in the Clearwater/Largo area.  I too was treated quite badly by one surgeon and his staff in particular, and to be honest, even considered not pursuing surgery any further.  Fortunately, I met with Dr. Gordon, and the rest is history.  He truly is a brilliant, extremely skilled and compassionate man.  He did his fellowship at Cleveland Clinic and of all of the surgeons I interviewed pre op, he stood out by leaps and bounds as the most competent and professional.  He is also a VERY nice person - he does not talk "down" to you and spends however much time needs to be spent with you.  He is awesome!  If you are interested, his office number is 727-586-3751.

In the mean time, please tell your sister not to be discouraged from that experience, to keep her chin up and to just know that there are people here who care!  Please keep us updated.

~ Terri

~ Terri - Come on and CRUISE TO LOSE with us!

(deactivated member)
on 7/29/08 10:42 pm - Orlando, FL
Thanks Terri, I will pass this info onto sis.  I'm sure she'll thank you too, and the rest of you who have offered some input and well wishes for her.

Thanks to you all so much!
slimderella
on 7/30/08 2:34 am - Orlando, FL
Hi there.  I  am a former Dr. O pt. - I emphasize FORMER.  He has always been like that, unfortuantely.  I now lead a support group in Orlando that has been going strong for 2 1/2 years now.  We're actually having a meeting tonight - nothing formal - more fo a fun night with a clothing exchange.  At any rate, there are a few reasons why your sister could be gaining weight.  Feel free to e-mail me at: [email protected] and I will see what I can do to help your sister out as far as alternative referrals go for doctors.  I also just finished nursing school on Tuesday so I might can help with figuring out why the weight-gain.  Tell she is not alone - I have put on 35 lbs. myself in the past several months after maintaining for a couple of years.  I know what my issues are, though (for the most part)... I hope to hear from you soon...

Take care,
Monica
panda2381
on 7/30/08 12:37 pm - Ocala, FL
I am in the process of looking for a Dr to do surgery....I live in Ocala and I was told by my primary  Dr office to stay away from Overcash...The other Dr in Ocala is Jawad...I cantnuse him as he does not take my insurance....good luck in your search...I so understand...I may have to go to Gainesville which is 1 1/2 hrs.

Bonnie
(deactivated member)
on 7/30/08 1:01 pm - Orlando, FL
Yes, my sister called Jawad too, but he won't take her.  Good luck to you too.  I'm sure there is someone out there for both you and my sister. 
babydog
on 7/31/08 9:15 pm - St. Augustine, FL
I know what you mean about him, I was his first appointment of the day, the same day your sister went.  Fortunately, he was very nice to me, even hugged me and told me I look great. But,
I have been in his office when he goes off.  We've had our battles.  Tell her try to not let it bother her, it's the way he is.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views