Help I think I need a bariatric lawyer

ljr830
on 7/25/08 12:07 pm
I'm still fighting with my insurance company to pay for my surgery. They told me I passed everything that they wanted! The only requirement was I had to change doctors and the hospital that I was planing on going to. I did that and now they are telling me I have not completed everything. But in my last appeal I had meet all the requirements. Now I think they just don't want to pay. Does anyone know a good bariatric lawyer? Please help me.

Linda
Robina3778
on 7/26/08 2:17 am - Orlando, FL
I don't personally know of a bariatric lawyer, but I have heard a bunch of people talk about obesitylaw.com.
Also, have you checked around on the other boards? I know on the Band board there is someone who used to work for insurance companies and uses that to help people with their appeals. I know I've heard of others on other boards as well.

Good luck to you.

-Robin
Start/Surgery/Current/Goal
 286248  226  /

ljr830
on 7/26/08 10:08 am
Thank you for the info, I will check that out.
Linda
pamparker31
on 9/21/08 2:06 pm - Celebration, FL
What is a Band Board and how do I contact them?
Redhaired
on 7/26/08 6:14 am - Mouseville, FL
Has your surgeon put in the request for authorization or are they just telling you this over the phone?  If the surgeon has put in the request and you have gotten a written denial -- then have your surgeon's office get in touch with them and ask them what you need to do.  Sometimes, some of the pre-op stuff is time critical and that may be the issue.  We do have an insurance commission here in Florida and you might want to give them a call to find out what your rights are.

Red

ljr830
on 7/26/08 10:11 am
I will give them a call and find out what my rights are at this point. I am getting so depressed over this been working on this now for a year and still not close.  thanks for the info,
Linda
Kristen H.
on 7/26/08 11:14 am - Orlando, FL
Hi Linda,

One or more of your pre-determination requirements could be expired, I would check your insurance requirements against your test results, diet history, etc.

I used the Obesity Law and Advocacy Center (www.obesitylaw.com). Kelley Lindstrom did my appeals. She is the reason why I was able to have surgery with Dr. Kim. Together, they are the reason why I am still alive.

I hope this helps.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
ljr830
on 7/26/08 11:20 pm
Do they charge alot? I went on once, looked like just to talk was 500.00. Thanks for the info.
Linda.
tmn9761
on 7/27/08 12:24 am - New Port Richey, FL

I did a phone consult with them two years ago, and it cost me nothing.  Things may have changed since then, but at that time, the phone consultation was free.  Best of luck to you...hang in there!

~ Terri

~ Terri - Come on and CRUISE TO LOSE with us!

ljr830
on 7/27/08 4:22 am
Thank you so much.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr