Anyone been thru North FL Region Medical @ Gainesville, FL. I am with Dr. Hipp!

DavisD
on 7/21/08 2:02 am - FL
I am going for my first consult with Dr. Hipp of the Surgical group of Gainesville at North Florida Regional Medical.  I am going through the Obesity Center there at North Florida.  I know that Dr. Pickens and Dr. Sarantos are both there as well.  I was just wondering if anyone else on here has used them. 

I am really curious about how you felt with them and what your pre op schedule was (liquid diet, tests ect...).

Dana
Both TEARS and SWEAT are salty.  The difference is one will get you sympathy and the other change!

Dana
wendygail
on 7/22/08 5:56 am - Live Oak, FL
Hey DavisD!!

Dr. Hipp done mine WLS. I highly recommend him and NFLRMC. My pre-op schedule was 2 weeks before surgery, I had a cardiac clearance, tested my breathing by blowing in machine of some sort. blood work, did an ultrasound on my gallbladder. I can't remember what else. But it was a full day of testing. Also, the pre op diet was for 2 weeks, 4 high protien shakes (atkins) and 1 "light meal a day for a total of 2400 calories. Whicu when you think about it, its not a lot of calories. I believe the shakes had 120 calories. Good luck.
 It's a great day to be alive.        
privatepath1
on 7/23/08 9:38 am - NF City, FL
I went through the Obesity Center - NFRMC but my surgeon was Dr. Brient.  Great man!!  The people at the Center are wonderful.  They are there for you and will answer your questions. The tests at the hospital was fine - all day!!! 
My pre op was:

WOMEN: 1100 CALORIES DAY/60G PROTEIN PER DAY/MEN: 1200 CALORIES DAY /75G PROTEIN PER DAY

60 OZ NON-CALORIC BEVERAGE – 30 OZ MUST BE WATER

My eating schedule: 7:30AM, 10:30AM, 1:30PM, 4:30PM & 7:30PM.  I used the EAS Low Carb Protein Drinks -110 Calories/17G Protein.  My evening meal would be a Lean Cuisine.  Hope this helps you.  This was given to me by the Dietitian at the Center.   Good luck and if I can be of more help, PM me.  Lynne

DavisD
on 7/23/08 11:41 am - FL
Thanks sooooo much Lynne!  I am very excited and will get my surgery date in a day or two!!!
Both TEARS and SWEAT are salty.  The difference is one will get you sympathy and the other change!

Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views