Loss of an OH Florida member

miniplk
on 7/19/08 1:58 pm - Davie, FL
I was devastated when I heard of Vickie's sudden passing. Although I only got to see her at OH events or when she was in Hollywood to visit Dr. Shuster we became good internet friends. I have fond memories of Vickie as a beautiful fashion model at the OH event in Ft. Lauderdale. I will miss her beautiful smile.  I too had an obstructed bowel in July 2007 when I was 7 years post op. Please send my sincere condolences to Vickie's family.
Paula Kosseff
Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
cindy1
on 7/21/08 1:59 am
Could you please tell me more about what happened to Vickie and about your own bowel obstruction.  My doctor said that he thinks I have scar tissue at the lower connection and he wants to go in and fix that.  I don't really think this is my problem and isn't there any way they can do like a CT scan or something to know if there is scar tissue before they do surgery?  I mean won't surgery just cause more scar tissue?  What kind of symptoms were you having?  I have pain that I only get about every 3-6 months.  It last for a few hours and comes and goes for a day or so and then I am fine again.  Just looking for more info.... Thanks
Joanne K.
on 7/19/08 10:37 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Hi All,

Thank you for all sharing your  fond memories of Vickie and heartfelt condolences for her family.  In a few days or so I will print this thread so that I can pass it on to Vickie's husband Garry.  I'm certain it will comfort him to know how special Vickie was to everyone on the Florida board.

Joanne

~Miss Dolly~
on 7/19/08 11:14 pm - Somewhere on the beach, FL
Vickie was such a kind person both on the internet and in person. I am very saddened by this news. She and I had been internet friends for years and I have met her in person a couple of times since I moved to Florida.

I am so sorry to hear this.

Hugs

Teresa

Teresa formerly known as ~Miss Dolly~
Surgery helped me transform from a misreable unhealthy size 32/34 to a happy, healthy person who can shop from the racks of any store... Life Matters!

RNY 09/11/2003- Dr. Robert Shin

"To  beceome the butterfly that I was meant to be, I had to allow myself to fully emerge from the cacoon, I had to allow myself to fly"

tinkerbell64
on 7/20/08 4:50 am - St. Petersburg, FL
I was so shocked and saddened to hear of Vicki's passing.  I met Vickie at the Ft. Lauderdale OH event back in 2006.  I was only 2 weeks post op and she was so kind and encouragingWhen I was an early post op and had questions or concerns she always seemed to respond. 

My prayers are with her family during this difficult time.   She will be missed.

glitter_maker_11_16_2007_12_14_42_9.gif picture by montanamvp3 

Farrah W
on 7/20/08 7:15 am - Tallahassee, FL
OMG! I met her! Oh that's absolutely horrible. My best wishes to her family.

Please spay and neuter your pets!
Ruth S.
on 7/27/08 5:36 am - Orlando, FL
Thanks for sharing this real but sad news.  Having surgery is not a joke nor easy way out as many think.  I think we go through a LOT more emotional ups and down after surgery and years into it...we can forget somewhat our insides are different to fit in with others. I have seen many of Vickie's postings and am saddened to hear that although we're in 2008 many areas of the medical don't recognize or know how to treat us.  This scares the hell outta me cause I've been having problems since 06 which no one has yet to properly diagnose but yet I've had to go to the ER several times..as someone stated it happens every couple months and lately I've had it 3 times. The weird thing is that a bowel obstruction, trapped gas, gastroparesis, and dumping are sooo similiar we don't know what it is and medical personnel wait "for the pain to go away". In my case..when it happens it happens for 1.5 - 4.5 hrs!!! I know it could be trapped gas for me..but it's so weird that it can for soooo long and it is VERY painful. I have the vomiting, nausea and cold sweats and faint feeling and no one has been able to figure what it is at the time. Im so scared that someone can ignore it and I could end up dying!  Im sorry for Vickie's loss..she seemed like a great person and I hope that her tradegy won't be the last. I hope this will bring some awareness to our problems.
Blessings
Ruth S.
CyndiU
on 7/27/08 12:01 pm - Hartford, SD
Please post this information on the memorial site as I think it is important that more people are aware of this.  I have been having some pains and have basically ignored them as "stomach flu" that has been going around.  After reading this though, I think that I will check with my doc.  I am just a couple months past 2 years post op and haven't gone in since last year.  I am not sure if I am suppose to go in yearly or not.  Thanks for posting.

Please pass on how very sorry I am for Vickie's family and friends.  I will include them in my prayers. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views