Loss of an OH Florida member

Charlie
on 7/18/08 2:51 am - Daytona Beach, FL
She was a friend.  A true WLS warrior.  I am stunned and saddened.  I remember how happy she was....

Please give my condolences to her family.

Thank you for letting us know.

Hugs
Charlie

FL-Lynda
on 7/18/08 2:53 am, edited 7/19/08 2:52 am
Vickie and I met at an OH event and became pretty good internet friends.  I recommended Dr Shuster to her.  We emailed on a regular basis and kept trying to together--but we kept missing eachother.  I am in shock and really really sad to read this.  Vickie had a very strong faith in God- if that helps anyone feel better about things.  
If anyone has information I would love to send a note to her family.  Wow--I am just shocked.
Go_Go_Girl
on 7/18/08 9:50 am - McMinnville, OR
I have known Vickie through OH for at least the past 3.5 years because we had surgery at about the same time.

Please let the family know that I am so very sad to learn of her untimely passing and that this is a very good lesson on why we should keep our Dr.'s numbers AND information about our surgical procedure handy for emergency situations.

A bowel blockage 3 and a half years later....who would have thought!!

My deepest sympathy.

Trisha

Hammock There are good things to be said about recouperation in the summer......

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/08 11:47 am - Orlando, FL
I am so sorry to hear this.  My condolences go out to her family and closest friends.
Lia D
on 7/18/08 11:50 am - Waldorf, MD

I am so sorry to hear that, my prayers and sympathy to her family and friends.

Lia D

BigCityGirl
on 7/18/08 12:13 pm - San Diego, CA
I remember Vickie.  I am so sad.  And it's even worse knowing it was preventable.  I hope her family can fine comfort at this difficult time.
Linda_S
on 7/18/08 3:06 pm - Eugene, OR
I am so sorry to hear of Vickie's passing.  My heart goes out to her family.

Linda

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

(deactivated member)
on 7/18/08 10:13 pm - GA
I am so sorry to hear about her....this really saddens me. I can not imagine the pain that she must have been in....I had a partially blocked bowel obstruction (scar tissue) when I was about 10 months post op, and the pain got so difficult that it was hard to breathe through the pain.

Please express my condolensces to her family.

Norma
Frozen_Peach
on 7/19/08 12:15 am
I'm so sorry for your loss - not only to the OH community as a whole but specifically to her family and you  guys here- her FL OH  family

please know you are all in my heart and my thoughts!!

MY DS  
 labrats.jpg picture by Frozen_Peach

Get the facts about Duodenal Switch at DS Facts
<~~link
DS Recipes can be shared HERE <~~link

NeeNee1971
on 7/19/08 12:56 pm - FL
As a fellow RNYer, Floridian my husband and I send our condolences to all of her family and friends. It is definitely a sad case that our type of surgery is not considered a common practice to where all hospital staff is knowledgeable.
Pre Surgery  352  Surgery  346 ~ Current  198  Goal  180
Mommy to: Emma Grace 7/23/03 ~ Erin Faith 12/5/05 ~ Kayley Olena 9/17/08

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views