Loss of an OH Florida member

Joanne K.
on 7/17/08 3:34 am - Tallahassee, FL

I am very sad to inform you that Vickie Johnson (Vickie J) passed away on Sunday, July 14, 2008.  She was a wonderful friend to me and a great mentor and supporter to all the members of our local support group as well as the friends that she made on OH. 

Vickie was 3 1/2 years out and died from an intestinal blockage that was a result of her RNY surgery although could have been treated had she been given the correct diagnosis.  Unfortunately she was traveling and ended up in a small hospital that was not familiar with gastric bypass surgery.  By the time they transferred her to a major medical center she was in critical condition and subsequently died. 

For those that knew Vickie she was a true friend and will be greatly missed.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/profile.php ?N=J1089848953

Joanne

Redhaired
on 7/17/08 7:35 am - Mouseville, FL
I am so sorry to hear this.  My condolences to her family.

Red

Joanne K.
on 7/17/08 8:17 am - Tallahassee, FL
I will pass on your condolences.  Also, I saw you post about blockages and I agree with you completely.  I have my surgeon's phone number in my cell phone and my husband is adding him to his.  This really was a horrible tragedy.

Take care,
Joanne

Ed W.
on 7/17/08 8:27 am - Casselberry, FL
That is vey sad new! My heart goes out to the family in this trying time. It is always a great loss to lose a family member or a friend.

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

Joanne K.
on 7/17/08 9:30 am - Tallahassee, FL
I will pass your message on to her family.

Take care,
Joanne

melcha
on 7/17/08 9:26 am - Winter Haven, FL

I am very sad to hear of your loss...we will keep her family and friends in our prayers.

Joanne K.
on 7/17/08 9:31 am - Tallahassee, FL
I know her family will appreciate your prayers as do I.

Take care,
Joanne

BullDog Lady
on 7/17/08 10:25 am - Somewhere GREAT!
OMG  I didnt know--but I knew Vicki for sometime.  Shewas a great woman and will be missed.  Thanks for the information.

****Becky***** @}------- @}--------

Kristen H.
on 7/17/08 12:43 pm - Orlando, FL
It's a sad day for OH and for all who knew Vickie. We were just a few months apart in our journey. I'll always remember that Vickie was not only encouraging, but inspiring as well. I will miss her tremendously. My condolences go out for her family.
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
Sarahlicious
on 7/17/08 10:17 pm - Portsmouth, OH
I had met Vickie at an OH event and visited her when she was recovering from surgeries with Dr. Shuster. I am very saddened about this loss.

I have Lipedema and Lymphedema. I also have a passion for Obesity and Health Insurance Advocacy

Blog: born2lbfat.com Facebook: Born2lbFat Twitter: @born2lbfat

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views