Fort Lauderdale???

Born Swimmer
on 7/15/08 12:57 am - Sunny, FL

Anyone from the Ft. Lauderdale area or know of someone here?  I am struggling to find an internal medicine doctor that I like.  I thought the Cleveland Clinic would be a good place to start... OMG... the doctor I went to is appauling.  I have a fairly common disease and he asked what some of my meds are for and when I told him, he said, "What's that?".  I have moved 4 times in the last 4 years... and each internist I went to knew about the disease and managed it very well (these doctors were recommended to me).  On top of that, this guy can't crack a smile or look at you when you talk.   I hate doctors like that.  Anyone know of someone good in the Ft. Lauderdale area???

Thanks!  I'd really appreciate any advice!

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

miniplk
on 7/15/08 7:51 am - Davie, FL
Hi

I run a support group for Veteran patients. Most general doctors are not really aware of our special needs and requirements. You are welcome to come to my meeting and ask other members about their general doctors. We are meeting Thursday, 7/17 at 7 pm in Hollywood. Let me know if you can make it and I'll give you more details.

Paula
Born Swimmer
on 7/15/08 2:36 pm - Sunny, FL
Hey Paula!  I'd love to go!  My friend and I are supposed to do something Wednesday or Thursday night, so as long as that doesn't interfere (I haven't seen her in a while so I'd like not to cancel our plans).  If it is Thursday night, how long do those meetings go?  I might be able to do both.  She leaves Friday, so I want to make time for her.  Please PM me the info (address is preferred because I havea  GPS).  I don't mind driving to Hollywood and I hope you don't mind that I am a veteran bandster but a newbie at RNY!

Thanks!

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

miniplk
on 7/15/08 10:23 pm - Davie, FL
We meet the third Thursday of each month at the Esther Grossman Center located at 4320 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, Fl 33021. Our meeting is from 7 - 8:30 pm. Our group members come from all differenct practices. I look forward to meeting you when you can attend. I do send out meeting announcements and a monthlly newsletter. If you would like to receive it I would need your e mail address.

Regards,
Paula
Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
ssflbelle
on 7/19/08 12:47 am - West Palm Beach, FL
On July 16, 2008 at 5:23 AM Pacific Time, miniplk wrote:
We meet the third Thursday of each month at the Esther Grossman Center located at 4320 Sheridan Street, Hollywood, Fl 33021. Our meeting is from 7 - 8:30 pm. Our group members come from all differenct practices. I look forward to meeting you when you can attend. I do send out meeting announcements and a monthlly newsletter. If you would like to receive it I would need your e mail address.

Regards,
Paula
Paula
I will be seeing my surgeon for the first time on Tuesday so I am just now starting the process. Don't know if the meeting would be for me or not but I am interested in the monthly newsletter.  I will look for your profile and send my email address to you.
Thanks

Amanda    Surgery was 1/26/2016 Surgery Weight  314   Highest Weight 497

lost  183 pounds before surgery

babsdevlin
on 8/1/08 7:15 am - Tamarac, FL
Hi Paula,
My name is Barbara and I am scheduled for RNY on August 21st. I've been doing a lot of reading and would like to be on your email list as well. I am single and think it would be a great idea to be involved with your meetings to help me keep on track once I have the surgery. My email address is [email protected] and I live in Tamarac. I wrote down your address for the meetings and wonder if you need to register or anything before coming. I would hope I can come to the September meeting with a few weeks under my belt after the surgery. I'm so happy to see there is a support group I can join.  Thank you so much!  Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views