New friends

deckmate
on 7/12/08 8:01 am - FL

I have ben researching all the different surgeys and My husband and I have decided to go with the sleeve. He will have his first , we are just doing all the test that the doctor wants. We have started a high protien diet. I am looking forward to a new old body . I have not always been this big. I just kept the weight on after my last child and over 30 years added to it. I am looking forward to being able to buy all the clothes that only look good on slim people. I am looking forward to being able to sit down in a tub again. I used to think that the surgery was the easy way out. There is no easy way to lose weight I have now decided. The secret is eat less and move. That is easier said than done. So now I embark on a new time of my life where I now think on not just losing weight but getting healthy . I know it won't be easy but I have my husband who will be going thro it as well for support I have the Lord on whom I can depend and all my new friends I can talk with.

Ed W.
on 7/12/08 8:18 am - Casselberry, FL

We are all here to help each other. I am having my RNY in two and a half weeks. I am really looking forward to shedding the excess!

HIghest Weight - 287 /Surgery Weight - 278  /Curent Weight - 150/Goal - 154 

deckmate
on 7/12/08 8:44 am, edited 7/12/08 8:45 am - FL

Good Luck and God Bless Will keep you in my prayers for all to go as it should .I know you are looking forward to getting it over with and starting the new phase of your life.

Redhaired
on 7/12/08 9:06 am - Mouseville, FL

Good luck.  When is your surgery and who is your surgeon?  I had the DS two years ago tomorrow and it was absolutely the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Red

deckmate
on 7/12/08 10:03 am - FL

My surgen will Dr.Keyan D. Riley . He's a military Dr. So far what I see in him I like and I have had nothing but good reports of him. The date has not been set yet . I still have a few more test. I think my husband will have his first sometime the end of aug. or first of sept.

Redhaired
on 7/12/08 1:27 pm - Mouseville, FL

Cool.  Is this doc at the Naval Base in Jax?  Did you know we have a DS support group that meets in Orlando every other month?  If you are interested send me a PM and I will send you all of the info. We have several military retirees that attend.

Red

deckmate
on 7/13/08 12:03 am - FL

No it's at Eglin AFB . We also have a support group starting this Tues the 22 at the Bob Hope villiage . It'll be my first time going I hope to see more Sleeve people there and learn more about what to expect.

Redhaired
on 7/13/08 12:34 am - Mouseville, FL

That is terrific, you can bypass all of the Tricare crap, right?  I think that support groups are wonderful.  I had attended my support group for almost two years before I had my surgery. Consequently, by the time I had my surgery I was well informed and ready.  The support group was also invaluable to my DH.  It really prepared him for some of the challenges I would face and helped him know how to help me.  It also prepared him so some general surgical kinds of things did not freak him.

Red

kimtindall
on 7/12/08 9:52 am - Jacksonville, FL

Congrats to you for making this decision.  Just an FYI on your note about the tub...when you lose the weight it HURTS your tailbone to sit in the tub.  LOLOLOL  I will take that over the weight anytime though.

Kim 

deckmate
on 7/13/08 12:09 am - FL

You look great hope I look as well as you. Yeah a hurting tailbone is better than the extra weight.Thanks for the encouragement.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views