hello...moving to west palm in august

shrinkindawn
on 7/9/08 12:31 am - long beach, MS

Hello Florida board....Im moving to West Palm in August...husband is being transfered with the coast guard.  I'm going to be looking for a support group and a bariatric surgeon...any suggestions?  thank you kindly,  Dawn~~

(deactivated member)
on 7/10/08 2:05 am - FL
Hi Dawn...I live in Ft Lauderdale...I am a Coastie wife ... I went to Lake Worth at JFK Medical Center for my surgery with Dr Fred Simon...excellant surgeon...I go to WLS support groups closer to my home...I was approved in one day with TRICARE and 9 weeks out....good luck and I hope you enjoy your duty tour   Heidi
shrinkindawn
on 7/10/08 4:22 am - long beach, MS
thank you so much Heidi....not real excited about the move..but its our last one until he retires...hes going to be at the station in Lake Worth so I'm assuming thats close to where we will be living ( Jupiter island) . I'm hoping to maybe get some plastics done while I'm there ( tummy tuck)!  Do you happen to know if there is a commissary in that area ?  thanks again,  DAWN~~
Maggi K.
on 7/16/08 2:40 pm - Royal Palm Beach, FL

Hi Dawn!

I'm a patient at JFK, although I had lapband.  I see Dr. Larson.  They have a support group the third Monday of every month at 6:30.  Kendra, Dr. larson's head rn is awesome.  I like Patricia, Dr. Simon's nurse also.  I personally don't care for Dr. Simon, however many people do.

Jupiter Island is north of JFK.  There is also another group at Gardens Hospital, which is much closer for you however I have heard that they charge for non members. 

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Maggi

shrinkindawn
on 7/17/08 1:14 am - long beach, MS

Thanks so much Maggi!!!  I will try and make the august meeting......I will be moving in on the 4th so it might take me six mos or so to feel comfortable driving! ha I'm a chicken when it comes to places I'm not familiar with!!

Thanks again,

DAWN~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views