Grazing

privatepath1
on 7/6/08 5:00 am - NF City, FL
Could someone please tell me what "grazing" means?
sandyfeets
on 7/6/08 9:57 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Found on "thinthin dot com"

Do you have a specific time of day set aside for mealtimes?   Do you eat breakfast at a set time and lunch at   set time and dinner at set time? Or do you skip along Life's Happy Trail and graze throughout your busy day - enjoying tidbits here and there?   In the high tech Diet World, this is known as Diet Grazing.

Many Diet Grazers actually believe that they aren't eating much per day.   A little here....a little there.....and oh no - why is my tiny hiney blowing out of my jeans???

Grazing can really stack up.   A handful of candy can cost you more calories than a real meal.   A bite or two of 15 different items can end up containing more calories than the Ark did animals.

Diet Grazing also smothers out our need to sit and enjoy our meals.   When we graze we tend to eat in a heated rush.   Our bodies are continually being bombarded with foods to process, thereby overworking and overpowering the metabolism.

And finally, Diet Grazing generally leads to a very poor diet, and yes, weight gain.  

privatepath1
on 7/6/08 11:09 am - NF City, FL
Thank you so much.  During the week, I am pretty much on schedule but on weekends, I am not.  I only eat healthy things.  I do not eat candy or anything unhealthy.  I write down what I eat.  Today for instance, I took in about 700 calories. I fix my plate and eat till full and later I will eat some more off my plate and so on.  It took me an hour to eat 1 boneless, fat free poached pork chop!!!  Lynne
sandyfeets
on 7/6/08 11:25 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

Some suggestions:

Eat what you can in 30 min.  After that time frame, you are done.  

Next---try logging in your foods on one of the internet sites

www.thedailyplate.com

www.sparkpeople.com

www.fitday.com

Play around with the three of them until you find the one that you like.  It will help you log in the amount of calories, fats, carbs, proteins etc that you are eating each day.

Good Luck!! 

babydog
on 7/11/08 6:59 am - St. Augustine, FL
Sandyfeet,  That description of grazing was so funny and so accurate. Thank you for the laugh!! Josie
sandyfeets
on 7/11/08 8:52 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with
I admit, I found it at "thinthin.com."
It was a superb description of grazing.

dmchuss
on 7/7/08 1:25 am - North Miami, FL

Grazing is basically nibbling on anything all the day long. Donna

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views