PLEASE.....Question for all of you.

native2u
on 6/27/08 2:39 am, edited 6/30/08 6:52 am - Merritt Island, FL
I live near Cocoa Beach, Florida. Has anyone here ever had to add to their doctors chart and submitted that to your insurance company? HIPAA says that one can do that, if there is information that their doctor has left out....but you have proof for. I'm going to have to do this. My PCP has really messed up my chart records and I have proof.  He has wasted 9 months of my life...and I was denied surgery, due to his medical records. I'm also looking for a malpractice attorney, if someone knows of a really good one.
Ruth S.
on 7/13/08 4:41 am - Orlando, FL

I can tell you having to work for a radiology you are NOT to add anything to any medical records!!! Even though it is your chart..LEGALLY (I believe) YOU can not add to it. Perhaps you can have another physician do an addendum so that you can submit it to the insurance company, in additoin to seeing a lawyer but do not add anything to those charts. You do not want to get into legal trouble..and in fact that can make the whole invalid since you are not a physician.  Use your proof and go the proper way.  Best of luck to you.

Luvitsunny
on 7/13/08 10:41 pm - Sunny South, FL

You definitely have a right to an insurance appeal and also, expressing your concern over the handling of your medical record but you cannot change your doctor's permanent medical record.  When I was presenting my paperwork for surgery, I used every doctor that I had gone to, for whatever reason in the last 15 years.  They all had weighed me so, even my ob/gyn, for instance, was monitoring my weight....I think I presented at least five or six letters to my insurance.  I say all this because, if you have seen another doctor, try your approach thru them.

See God's track record in your journey,

decide that you will trust Him. 

C-There
on 8/3/08 10:02 am - Brevard County, FL
Having worked in the medical malpractice field, the Drs. notes are just that - theirs.  I know it seems unfair since the medical chart is about you, but it is the Dr. who writes the notes and follows through with what is medically necessary according to his training.  Again, your Dr. could write a letter on your behalf as an addendum to your chart.  But if he writes it in a "third party" manner, according to YOUR wishes, then its not of his opinion - the insurance company sees right through that.  

It truly depends on what you are seeking restitution for (you didn't say what Dr. omitted) - try the letter approach first, if this is about following a diet plan, etc.  If you feel that you have physically damaged by the Drs. treatment, and cannot be made whole again, then in fact, go talk with an attorney w/the medical records in question in your hands.  

Good luck.

P.S. - Please review the FL Message Board for a new Brevard County Support Group mtg. I am trying to put together for August.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views