Not In Network

KimM.
on 6/26/08 5:11 am
So after three phone calls to UHC to see if they approve WLS and DS, I was told the procedure is covered.  Whew... ...Only to find out that Dr. Gagner, with whom I'm lucky to be three hours away from and have a consult scheduled, is not in my policy's network.  And I have no out of network coverage at all. I have a call into his office just to verify this and see if there's any way around, but I also realistically have to look at other surgeons.   Does anyone have any experience with Dr. William Overcash in Ocala?  He's been doing bariatric surgery for a long time but has performed far fewer DS procedures than RnY.  That doesn't mean he can't skillfully perform the procedure, but I'd like to be reassured.  And I really don't think I can be persuaded to go the RnY route. Any thoughts?
Jaclynn00
on 6/28/08 6:46 am - Riverview, FL
http://www.jawadmd.com/our_offices.htm This is for Dr. Jawad at  Bariatric & Laparoscopy Center of Ocala. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about him.  I understand the Center's support staff are not very personable, but they get the job done.  I live in Tampa, and don't have the means to travel that far. (I've got 6 kids) But, if I lived in Ocala, you can be sure he would be my surgeon.  He's been practicing for a very long time and has quite a good reputation in the field.   I wish you luck! Jackie
Redhaired
on 6/30/08 7:54 am - Mouseville, FL
Kim- Who is in your network?  I would start with the Georgia DS surgeons and work out from there.  I used Dr. Anthone in Omaha, Nebraska. Red

kimtindall
on 7/12/08 10:05 am - Jacksonville, FL

Dr Jawad IS in network with UHC.  I have UHC and he was my surgeon.  I have to say that he was the 3rd Dr I went to for a consult and never even thought about anyone else.  His stats, the success rate that he has and everything about his practice is amazing!  I had a few trying moments with the staff, but all in all, it was great!  I actually traveled 2.5 hours away to see him.  I have 2 friends that used him, one is 4 years post op and the other is about 2. 

I wish you the very best of luck!!!

Kim 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views