Need help on FL information.

lisaladybug
on 6/25/08 3:39 pm, edited 6/25/08 3:43 pm - Lebanon, IN

Hello fellow wls folks,  I will be come to FL on June 28 -July 5.  I will be staying outside of Orlando and am wanting to go to COCOA Beach and then also the Studio's and then the Gulf side too, I am wanting to find out where we can get coupons at to save as much money as I can, for me and my son.  I am wanting to find out were I can find someone to take us out on a boat to fish and how much it will cost.  I have always wanted to fish in the ocean.  Oh I also just had surgery for  KBS on June the 23,  so I would like to  know just incase something happens while I am visiting FL  what hospital is a Bariatric Hospital I can go. Thanks  Lisa B

lisaladybug
on 6/26/08 12:51 am - Lebanon, IN
I can't belive that no one has helped me.  Or maybe there just isn't alot of people on this site on the Indiana site we have alot of replys.  We are kind of like a family.  OH wait that might sound bad,  please forgive me.  I was just trying to make sure I knew where to go, I am sure that if someone on here went to a different state  they would like to know they were at a hospital that knows about bariatric stuff.  Please if anyone has a clue on hospitals and places by the beach you can even  privite message. Thanks Lisa B
Snuffy65
on 6/26/08 3:13 am - Saginaw, MI
There isn't many Floridians on here like many other states. I am currently a Michigander but will be residing in Orlando in a couple months.  There is the Florida Hospital that has a bariatric center.  I believe that is in Celebration. Also, there is Dr. Beltre in Altamonte Springs.
lisaladybug
on 6/26/08 8:39 am - Lebanon, IN
Thank you,  I am taking it that not many post on this site, Our INDIANA board is shared alot. Lisa B
sandyfeets
on 6/26/08 9:43 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

The Florida board is rather slow.  

Try your local credit unions, or employer for discounts on tourist attractions.  

I'd check out the  OFFICIAL State Tourism website for LOADS of info

http://www.visitflorida.com/

Bariatric hospitals... they are ALL over the state.   In an emergency though---you TAKE what  you get.  Celebration Hosp, in the Orlando area is one.

From your description, you are trying to cover WAY too much ground in a few days time.  For some one so soon out of surgery, and with our Florida heat and humidity, you are going to be ZONKED.  

suetomimati
on 6/26/08 2:26 pm - Deltona, FL
Where outside of Orlando will you be staying? I am further north on I-4. For example, Disney and Universal and the other parks are roughly between exit 62 and 72. I am about 40 miles from the parks and 25 miles from my doctor. It would take you approximately 1 hour to get to Daytona. My doctor is Dr. Sebastien and he is in Daytona Beach at Halifax Medical Center. The address is 301 N Clyde Morris Blvd Daytona Beach, FL 32114. The number to his office is 386-238-3295. As far as cheap tickets are concerned, you can find them everywhere in Orlando....especially the gift shops on International Drive. The way they get you is that you have to be willing to spend a day listening to them trying to sell you a time share. Even residents don't get huge breaks. The only way we get in cheaper isif you know someone who works at the park that can get you in or you pretend your 4 yr old is really 2 and hope they buy into it. Otherwise, plan on spending full price at the parks. I would suggest taking a backpack full of goodies. We usually go with sandwiches and pretzels and sliced up frits and veggies. As far as water, bring a water bottle an just keep filling it up. If there is a soda drinker in the group, purchase the $4.99 drink in the cup that you can refill for .69 all day long...even if you go to another park. Good luck with everything and welcome to the Sunshine State. Take care, Sue PS I would definitely recommend using other forums as this forum does NOT get used very often. I also see that you were a little upset because no one got back to you right away....maybe you shouldn't have waited until the last minute to figure out 2 very important details about your vacation...just a thought.
Nickycole
on 6/26/08 2:50 pm - FL

There are two bariatric hospitals in Ocala and there is one in Ormond Beach. Im not real familiar with the one's on this coast. You can google them. When you come to Cocoa you can find information on Port Canaveral. Thats were the nice fishing boats go out. Not sure about the coupon thing though. Sorry not to many people posted back to you.. I usually dont venture into this forum but happen to drop in! Good luck! Florida is a lot of fun!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars." --- Les Brown

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

lisaladybug
on 6/27/08 4:57 am - Lebanon, IN
Thank you both of you.  We will be staying in Kissimmee, I did try to find a camp site between,Ocala  or before we get to Orlando , but no luck maybe we will see something on our way there.  We are already listing to a Resort speach that is how we got our hotel cheaper.  Thanks again. Lisa B
Nickycole
on 6/27/08 5:30 am - FL
What kind of camping are u wanting to do? Ocala is a great place for that. But it's HOT and buggy and muggy lol there's some places near 75 between ocala and orlando, going down 75 to the turnpike your really not very far from Orlando.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars." --- Les Brown

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

KimM.
on 6/27/08 6:20 am
I'm interested in which hotel you're visiting in Kissimmee.  The tourist corridor is astonishingly hit or miss and many of the hotels along 192 (Irlo Bronson Drive) double as temorary housing for drug offenders.  If you let me know the name I can probably tell you whether it's clean and dependable. If you have the patience to sit through a time share presentation, go for it.  Personally, I would never recommend that route.  You may find it worth your time to call a Disney representative and ask about packages.  With four parks now, there are a number of park combo tickets that can save you a lot of money. The Orlando CVB (Convention & Visitor's Bureau) is the ONLY officially recognized tourist bureau.  You'll hear about or see tons of other "Visitor Centers."  These are time share organizations. Cocoa's a nice beach if you're looking for a little surf.  Many people prefer the gulf side where the water is calmer and the beach towns a bit more upscale.  Clearwater Beach near Tampa is great and Ft. DeSoto recreation area is an award-winning beach and picnic site (and typically less crowded).  It's just south of Clearwater Beach. I can't vouch for any boat charters, but if this is something you've always wanted to do, you won't be disappointed and it will be worth the money.  That's just my opinion. Florida Hospital Celebration is five minutes from Kissimmee and a beautiful hospital.  Munroe Regional is in Ocala, about 80 minutes north-ish.  Tampa General is also a bariatric faciltiy. Random things:  Disney and Universal are about 25 minutes from each other by car.  Camping is great here but it's HOT and HUMID.  And it rains more afternoons than not.  No matter how acclimated to the outdoors, bring dependable sunscreen.  We have a different kind of sun down here.  There are numerous electronics and outlet stores.  The electronics are twice as expensive as regular chain stores and the outlet stores don't really sell outlet items so much as lesser quality items manufactured specifically for the outlets.  We have tons of chain restaurants but if you're looking for something local in the Kissimmee/Orlando area, I'm happy to make suggestions.  Also, if you're looking to fill some time with other activities (though you've planned a lot) I can point a few of those out as well.  I find www.tripadvisor.com very helpful for peer reviews of hotels, restaurants and attractions. Once in town, you can generally find coupons or offers on lesser attractions like Medeival Knights and the like but the parks are pretty much the parks.  Plan to pay $10 to park at Disney unless you can take a shuttle; many area hotels have them. If there'a anything else you'd like to know, feel free to post or email me.  I go out of town on the 30th but will be checking the boards until then.  Good luck and have a great trip.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views