Florida State Employee insurance??

Jaclynn00
on 6/24/08 11:14 am - Riverview, FL

I work for the FDOT and have Florida State insurance with Avmed.  Has anyone gone threw this insurance, and has it been difficult with approvals?  What was required?  I have conflicting answers from the insurance company.  I'd appreciate any help you can lend! Thanks, Jackie

Freesample
on 6/29/08 11:19 pm - TX
Jackie  I was with FDC before I retired and I to had Avmed and never once had any problems. I called the 800 number and told the Rep what I was intending to do and she told me what I needed to do. I followed her instructions and when it was time they approved my surgery the same morning it was submitted.
AshleyDillo
on 7/6/08 2:35 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I, too, work for the state (HSMV) and chose AvMed for my provider based on a question I asked in here about which plan would be the best to work with.  One of the replies was from someone who also worked for the state.  She said she had AvMed and was approved upon submission.  I am planning on picking a surgeon/center and going through them to start the process.  I figure they've had experience with all insurance companies, and they'll be able to tell me what I need to do in the process.  I read the materials that AvMed sent me about the plan and it appears that WLS is covered if it is deemed medically necessary.   So I would assume all that is needed is a letter from your PCP documenting that it is medically necessary.  If it gets denied, usually the insurance company will give the reasons and then from there you can get all the supplementary stuff needed to prove it to the ins. co.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views