Jacksonville Support Groups

Julie M.
on 6/18/08 7:59 am
Hello everyone!  I was banded 4 months ago and I have been struggling.  Nobody in my circle understands what I'm going through.  I could truly use a support group.  Can you please share with me the local support group?  I want to go to as many as possible.  I feel very lost.   Thank you, Julie
sandyfeets
on 6/18/08 11:58 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I think each surgeon in Jacksonville has his own support group.... call your doctor's office and ask about when his next one will be held.  

I know "Abandster" posts here regularly and she has the same surgeon as you.... hopefully she'll see your post and reply soon. 

Julie M.
on 6/19/08 12:07 am
Thank you Sandy, My doctor's office does have a support group once a month and that is not enough for me.  That is why I am reaching out to get additional support.  Thank you for your reply. ~ Julie
sandyfeets
on 6/19/08 4:47 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

I found it I found it---she just posted yesterday on the Main Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,4856/cat_id,4456/topic_id,3644812/

Copy and paste into your browser..... she said email her for details.  She has the Lapband also---and has the same surgeon as you.

Good Luck!!! 

abandster
on 6/22/08 11:44 am
Thank you, Sandy.  I also posted on the lap band board and the Florida board.  Julie did find me and did come to the meeting on Saturday and we all enjoyed having her.  You know how it is when a newbie comes to a meeting....you get to tell your story and show your excitement about your journey and really get rejuvinated yourself while, hopefully, helping the new person.  I hope you're doing well on this journey.  And, again, I do appreciate you helping Julie to find me. She'll do fine.  But, like the rest of us, just starting out on this journey is difficult and when nobody around you understands..... La Wanda

mmsvb
on 6/23/08 1:51 am - jacksonville, FL
I was just banded almost 3 weeks ago and looking for a few support groups that I can possibly look into going to.  with a 3 year old and a hubby with a crazy work schedule I need to find one that fits my life.  Anybody have any suggestions - I am a patient of Dr. Cywes/Baptista - and would like to start attending a support group.
abandster
on 6/28/08 3:11 am
As you can see, I am also a patient of Dr. C's.     Congrats on your recent banding.  I hope you're doing well. Our group meets on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month. On the first Saturday, we meet in Arlington. On the 3rd Saturday, its in Manarin.  We als meet for dinner at 6 PM on the 2nd Thursday of each month.  I email the location the week before that so I can get a head count and make reservations. If you'd like to be, at least, a part of our email list, please email me at [email protected].  Maybe yourhusband can stay with the little one once in a while and you can come be with us. If that's not doable, please email me with any questions you might have. I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. La Wanda

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views