Dr. Keith Kim and DS?

KimM.
on 6/18/08 2:06 am
Dr. Kim is listed as performing the duodenal switch, but informational seminars at Celebration Health in Central Florida, which which he's affiliated, don't include the DS in their information. I'm going to contact Dr. Kim's office, but I was wondering is anyone has had personal experience with Dr. Kim and knows anything about how often he performs the DS.  Thanks.
Redhaired
on 6/18/08 3:25 am - Mouseville, FL
The last I heard Dr. Kim was no longer doing the DS.  The only surgeons in Florida which do the DS are Dr. Gagner in Miami and Dr. Overcash in Ocala (or is it Gainesville?).  Of the two, I recommend Dr. Gagner, he has a great deal of experience and is very well known in the DS community.  He recently relocated to Miami from New York, so while you will not find many Gagner patients in Florida it does not mean he is a new surgeon -- he is just new to the area.  Dr. Gagner is well published too.   I do not know that much about Dr. Overcash.  He has been doing the RNY and Lap Band for a long time and just added the DS.  He is not very experienced in DS surgery and is virtually unknown in the DS community.  Both of these surgeons have only recently been offering the DS in Florida.  I went to Omaha Nebraska and had the DS with Dr. Anthone.  It was a wonderful experience,he is a great surgeon and I highly recommend him. Red

RondaR12
on 6/19/08 12:27 am
I know that Dr. Kim currently doesn't perform the DS, but I can tell you that he's no longer going to be working with US Bariatric, but starting his own bariatric program through Florida Hospital, so it's very possible he might begin picking that procedure back up. I'm not entirely sure though.  I know I was/am very happy with Dr. Kim after my VSG, and am very sad to see him leave US Bariatric, but depending on whether his new practice will take me as a patient still and honor my loan I paid US Bariatric, I may follow him. Good luck!!

Ronda RT

Kristen H.
on 6/22/08 10:57 pm - Orlando, FL
Hey Girl!

I asked Dr Kim a long time ago if he would do the DS again. He said yes, as long as he was partnered with someone who also did the DS so patients would always have access to a DS surgeon if Dr Kim was out of town. So, keep your fingers crossed!

Dr Kim's new office will be seeing patients next month. He told me that it will honor all agreements with patients he saw while working for US Bariatric. I will be following him as he was my surgeon. I heard that he will also be participating in all insurances! Very cool.

How are you?
Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
RondaR12
on 6/22/08 11:44 pm
Hi Kristen! Things are going great here.  I have to say I'm very happy with my losses so far, but I can see old habits coming back...so I'm trying to work on finding other things to do when I get in a mood to eat... I'm glad to hear about him honoring the agreements with us!  I really wanted to follow up with him, just for the sheer fact that he did my surgery!  I will have to call and find out all the details to schedule my new appt for August! How are you doing?

Ronda RT

Kristen H.
on 6/23/08 7:43 am - Orlando, FL
I am glad to hear that you are doing well. I am fine, loving my new job. Of course I miss my patients at US Bariatric, Ideal Image is a wonderful company and they appreciate my work. Couldn't ask for more!

Kristen
Lap RNY 10-25-04
310/135/@ Goal!
sandra747
on 6/23/08 5:35 am
Hello, I will be seeing Dr. Marema as Dr. Kim is no longer with US B, are you still happy with the team at US Bariatric? You know when you hear about a Dr. leaving a practice you always wonder why. I am planning on having the RNY and will have to have it in St. Augstine with follow up at Celebrations.  Would love to hear about your experience. Thank you Sandra.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views