Dr M Gagner good or bad?

Nancy K.
on 6/17/08 4:05 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi all, I'm new to this board and wanted to know if you can help me. I am looking for any information good or bad about Dr Gagner. I have been looking at having him do my Sleeve operation, due to all my co-meds but I have been told some bad things about him and want to make sure that he is the right doctor for me. I don't know if what I have been told is true or not, that is why I'm asking you to tell me everything and anything you know about him. If you don't want to say anything on here you can privately pm me by clicking on my pic and pressing send me an email. Please I need to know if this is the doctor for me. Thanks, Nancy
  JAN135 & CONNIE - Earthly  Angels 

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Redhaired
on 6/17/08 1:29 pm - Mouseville, FL
Nancy- I have been hearing about Dr. Gagner on the DS board for years.  He is one of the best.  In fact last month when I had my thyroid surgery even the general surgeons had not only heard of him but held him in very high regard. I do not know what kind of response you will get on the FLorida board since he has only been in Florida a short while but I am sure if you posted on the DS board you would be able to hear from many of his patients. I am frankly a little surprised you have heard anything bad about him.  Would you mind sending me a PM to tell me a little about those comments. Red

Nancy K.
on 6/18/08 12:59 am, edited 6/19/08 3:32 am - Cornwall, Canada
Hi Red, There was a post from a person on the group who said something about Dr Gagner. Now, at that time, I wasn't even thinking of him as a doc, cos I didn't know which op I really wanted, etc. What I can remember was something along the lines of him being stern and very strict with  his rules, but don't remember much more than that. I don't think this is true, but I would like the person who wrote before to come back and tell me what was really said, cos after all, I need to know if I'm going to have him for my doctor. That is why I asking people to let me know if there is any bad info about him. I haven't heard anything but good so far, as I expected. If you hear anything more please let me know and I will do the same. Nancy

BMI 71.44 -- Goal BMI 25.5    Old Weight--385    New --349 lbs   Goal weight is 135 

Weight  to lose is   243
Redhaired
on 6/18/08 1:14 am, edited 6/19/08 9:47 am - Mouseville, FL
I have never heard anything --but good things about Dr. Gagner.  Nor have I heard anything bad outcomes.   Red

Nancy K.
on 6/18/08 1:54 am - Cornwall, Canada
I agree, that is why I am asking for people to tell me what they think of him. Personally, I think from what I have read that he is a grand surgeon and one of the best. Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
Bronwen
on 6/18/08 10:57 pm - Wilmington, DE
Hi, Nancy! Dr. Gagner patient here!  I have only the best things to say about him - he's a brilliant surgeon and researcher.  You couldn't be in better hands than with him. Now, granted, he's a fairly reserved man, not a big smiler at first, but, as I couldn't wipe the smile off my face at all of my post-op appointments with Formula 409, I got lots of smiles out of him then.  I think the only complaints I've ever heard about Dr. Gagner relate to his reserved personality.  I always figured that I'd rather have a brilliant but reserved surgeon than an average Mr. Personality, you know? You can PM me if you want any more information, but I think Dr. Gagner's the best.
sw:298/cw:152/no goal set
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."  --J.K. Rowling,  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Nancy K.
on 6/19/08 1:59 am - Cornwall, Canada
Thank you Bronwen for writing me and giving me your experience and views of Dr Gagner. I think he is the surgeon for me, I have been considering another dr, but I think Gagner is the one that will be best for me, as I have alot of co-mobs and he sound perfect. Hugs, Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
karlita1102
on 6/19/08 1:59 am - Homestead, FL
Dr. Gagner Patient Here: I just had surgery by him on June 2nd, and let me tell you he is the best of the best, he came to see me twice a day until I got discharged my surgery went perfect I have no complications, if I email him he emails me back, what ever you heard they are mistaken cause after going to another surgeon for a second opinion he doesen't sell himself like other Bariatric Surgeons, I could never think of him having any sexual misconduct!!! LOL it's ridiculous. I love Dr. Michel Gagner. lol
Nancy K.
on 6/19/08 4:09 am - Cornwall, Canada
Thank you so much for replying and I agree, it sound totally ridiculous, lol. Can you imagine a man who looks like him, more than likely is well set with money for the rest of his life probably married to a very sexy woman wanting to even think of going after someone with health issue and so forth. No, I don't see that happening, lol, it is rather funny when you think of it, lol. Nancy

Weight  to lose is   243
karlita1102
on 6/19/08 4:56 am - Homestead, FL
I didn't see a wedding ring!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views