fighting with insurance now that's over can move on to surgery

ljr830
on 6/11/08 10:45 am
I have been hearing some stories, like some people turn gray in their face or that the skin hangs down leaking some years after the surgery. Can anyone tell me about any of this? I know if you have a lot to lose then you would need some surgery later to take care of that, but what about being gray and sickly. I am hoping to have surgery soon, I have been fighting with the insurance company for about 4 months now. we came to an understanding that I was to have another doctor and hospital to do my surgery and they would pay. Well I did that and now I am waiting. Can anyone shed some light on this? linda
Redhaired
on 6/11/08 1:51 pm - Mouseville, FL
Linda- What surgery are you going to have?  What insurance do you have?  Do you have to have surgery at a Center of Excellence or is it that you have to use an in-network surgeon and hospital?

ljr830
on 6/14/08 11:40 pm
I am having the gastro bypass, and cigna is my insurance company. They were telling me that the hospital and doctor was not in network, and yes the center of excellence was what they wanted. I don't know how it works but I did change so now I am waiting to see what they say.
Redhaired
on 6/14/08 11:45 pm - Mouseville, FL
Good luck I hope it goes well for you. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr