Full Day WLS Conference

miniplk
on 5/27/08 11:53 pm - Davie, FL
SAVE the DATE Saturday, Sept 20th, 2008 WLS Veterans Support Group and Memorial Regional Hospital will sponsor a full day WLS Conference. We will have motivational speakers, fashion makeovers, vendors and much much more. Let me know what you would like to have and if you will be needing hotel accommodations.??? See you there! Paula
Paula
OH Support Group Leader
WLS Veterans Group Facilitator
(deactivated member)
on 5/28/08 5:20 am
What city?
miniplk
on 5/29/08 12:32 am - Davie, FL
Hi The conference will be held at Memorial Regional Hospital Conference Center which is located in Hollywood, Fl. I will look into hotel/motel accommodations if you need them. This event is for all WLS patients from any practice no matter how far out. It will be a day off education, information and fun. I hope you can come. Paula
Qbandiva
on 5/28/08 6:07 am - Naples, FL
I'm sooooo excited! Count me in! How have you been? Guess where I just spent 10 days? Cleveland Clinic Weston....
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
John Hoffmann
on 5/28/08 11:39 am - Baltimore, MD
Boy your looking good, why in CCF? I have to see Dr. R next Friday about hernia repair and/or abdominal reconstruction. Be well. John
Qbandiva
on 5/29/08 12:54 am - Naples, FL
Thanks John - you're looking great too! What exactly is the ab reconstruction you're talking about and does Dr R do it? I got sick in Naples and had to be transferred over to Weston after Dr Lieberman's team WOULD NOT TOUCH ME..... That man's license should be revoked. Does he not know about the hypocratic oath????? I spent 2 days at the former Cleveland Clinic Naples on an IV drip waiting for a bed in Weston - turns out they had beds all along. Finally was transported by ambulance across the alley. Turns out I had adhesions (from my c-section, appendectomy, gallbladder, hysterectomy surgeries) NOT my RNY...... I went to Dr Rosenthal due to the fact that I was having problems eating and drinking. This WOULD naturally happen when the adhesions choke my intestinal track.  I'm on the mend however, sore. It was a real experience......for sure! Hope to see you @ the conference.  B
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."   "Be yourself....everyone else is taken"

Before: 348 (01/01/2005) 
After:   165
John Hoffmann
on 5/29/08 7:45 am - Baltimore, MD
Well I've got a nice fat hernia that he wants to fix for me.  Problem is, this is going to be an ongoing problem with me unless something is done to stregthen my abdominal wall once and for all.  There isnt much left there due to all the hernia surgeries I've had in the past, just a bunch of scar tissue and old mesh, no muscle to speak of.  Problem is, a reconstruction could be construed as plastic surgery and not covered by insurance.  I'm still paying for my bypass without taking on something else.  We'll see what he says next Friday. I'll let ya know how it goes.  Take care of yourself.   John
miniplk
on 5/29/08 12:36 am - Davie, FL
You are looking awesome. Why were you at CCF? You should have called so we could visit. Let me know what's up with you Paula
Kelly C.
on 5/28/08 7:37 am - Ocoee, FL
I am interested in learning more about it!  Is the location at the hospital - and if so, where is it?  :)  Thanks!

Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

miniplk
on 5/29/08 12:38 am - Davie, FL
Hi Kelly Hope you can make it Sept 20th, Saturday Memorial Regional Confereence Center Hollywood, Fl More details to come.  Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views