New DS support group in Miami

Flor_Bellas
on 5/24/08 2:08 pm - Miami, FL
Hello everyone. 

This is my first time in here; I hope to get to know you all.  Someone on the DS forum asked me to post this thread here as well to get my message out…here it is Karlita…

Yay!  OH approved my application to start a new support group for DSers here in Miami.  If you are interested in joining let me know so that I can send you the link.  I sent an email to Dr. Gagner to see if he wants to be affiliated with the group or adopt the group as his since he has not started a support group yet.  I can't promise he'll accept but I think I wrote him a very convincing email.  Let's keep our fingers crossed on that.  It will be great for us to support each other during the pre-op and post op phase.  Anywho, let me know if you are interested in getting together so that we can begin this journey in Miami that has absolutely NO idea what a DS is.

I'm not sure when we will have our first meeting, I have to do some 3 different trainings and such that OH will provide, but at least we can start populating the group here on the website.  I work full-time, go to graduate school full-time besides doing practica and I also have a private life so I don't think we'll meet weekly, more likely it will be monthly and on a Saturday afternoon.  Hope you can join me in trailblazing the Miami areas as well as the surrounding areas here in South Florida.  Gotta love the Dark Side!

Maria a.k.a. Tinker Bell's mentorTinker Bell
HW ~ SW ~ CW ~ GW
301.5 ~ 290~ 172~ 130
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Redhaired
on 5/25/08 3:18 am - Mouseville, FL

This is great news for the DSers in South Florida.  Now that Dr. Gagner is doing the DS down there you should have a lot of participation.   Red

Flor_Bellas
on 5/25/08 5:01 am - Miami, FL
I hope so Red.  I've noticed a few hits on the two threads but only have one active member as of yet.  I'm hoping Dr. Gagner will change that by accepting my proposition.  Keep you're fingers crossed.  It's awesome to me because now I feel I'm doing something BESIDES waiting and waiting and waiting.....

Maria a.k.a. Tinker Bell's mentorTinker Bell
HW ~ SW ~ CW ~ GW
301.5 ~ 290~ 172~ 130
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views