BCBS State of Florida

Iamready56
on 5/22/08 2:02 am
Has any one dealt with BCBS State of Florida.  And if so, how did it go.
MargoMarie
on 5/22/08 6:06 am - Warner Robins, GA
If you mean STate Employee BCBS then Yes :) It was fantastic........ I had my gastric bypass 10/11/2006 Ask you Doc for the actual billing code they use when they file and then call BCBS customer service line.  Give them the code and ask them if there are any guidelines.  They will tell you what you need i.e. BMI 40+, pysych. eval. ect .......... that is what I did then I made a checklist and went down the list making sure it was all done before the Doc ofc. submitted papers to BCBS. I got approved first time around. I know of so many people that have that insurance and have had great success w/ approval for the surgery.   Matter of fact that was my whole reason in finding State employment bc I knew I would probably get approved with it once I was a state employee w/ State Employess insurance. I wish you the best of luck : ) Hugs Margo Marie
'Cause I'm a woman phenomenally.......Phenomenal Woman that's me ~ Maya Angelou
(deactivated member)
on 5/22/08 6:07 am - Hialeah, FL
I have...I did my surgery on Dec. 12th (last year). They covered about 80% of the cost! I paid the doctor $400 for his cost and I paid the hospital $1, 500! That is basically the only things that I have paid!
wd4oay
on 8/6/08 10:07 am - Miami, FL
Did anyone have trouble finding Psychologists and Nutritionalists that are on the BCBSFL plan?  Anyone know of any good ones in the Miami area?  Please let me know your experiences with BCBSFL.  I was told that in 2005, they totally stopped covering WLS.  Now it seems that they cover it if it is medically necessary.  Any comments?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views