What should I expect now?

gator4ufim
on 5/17/08 7:58 am - Winter Park, FL
Hello! Had surgery Monday May 12th.  Seem to be doing very well.  The pain around the gtube is constant, however.  Is that normal?   Went out today and purchased a food processor and a can of turkey pot pie soup.  Pureed 4 oz of the soup and it was delicious!   Last night I felt hungry late at night.  I had my three meals that day and contiously drink fluids and suck on fat free/sugar free pops.  Should I be hugry?
sandyfeets
on 5/18/08 6:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
RNY on 12/20/05 with

For now, you really should not feel "hunger."  Your pouch's nerve endings are healing and everything is pretty much non-repsonsive.

The soup sounds like a good choice.

The g-tube pain will be annoying.  That tube goes thru skin, muscle, between the ribs and into the "old stomach."  The tube is pulled thru all of that and holds it all in place and is trying to heal too.  Keep the area of the skin clean and if  you have sutures holding it in place, keep them as clean and dry as possible.  A q-tip with warm water or hydrogen perioxide works well.  

Welcome to the Losers' Bench. 

Tami H.
on 6/2/08 1:56 pm - Winter Park, FL
sorry I did no t see your post earlier. check out my profile, I have a good detailed what to do post op and foods information there that may be helpful. I also attend a good support group on wed nights on 434 at south seminole hospital. many in this weight loss group had rny. Be glad to help you in any way I can. the pain a g tube is not uncommon. its the stitches, couldn't wait to get mine out it was annoying, but glad it was there in case I needed it. Don't lift 15 lbs for a month, and give yourself time to rest, you did have major surgery. Get your protein in, protein, fruits and veges and never skimp on the vitamins. sometimes people are hungry, some are not. the whey protein drinks will help with that also later as your pouch heals the dense proteins vs the white carbs. I try to stay away from them, and also I urge you to never get back on sugar. never open that pandoras box, stay sugar free. glad to have you on the losers bench!
blessings, Tami Remember, nothing tastes as good as THIN feels!! http://www.marykay.com/tami
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views