UHC vs AvMed

Beatriz A.
on 5/20/08 2:20 am - Sunny Miami, FL
It all depends on what your employeer chooses to include in the policy....the first thing you have to make sure is that your employeer did not exclude WLS when buying the policy. Do you work for the state of florida? If so, my husband does too and we have AVMED and they approved me in three days after submitting all the required paperwork...BTW, they did not required a 6 months supervised diet. Good Luck to you!!! and do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.
Beatriz
AshleyDillo
on 5/20/08 12:47 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Yes..I work for the state of Florida.  And that is great to hear!  i wouldn't even mind doing the supervised 6month diet.  I've kept a food journal off and on for various periods..gone as long as 1.5 years once before I gave it up.   This job pays half as much as I used to make before I was laid off with a private sector job..but if I can stick it out and get through the surgery it will be worth it.  Once I lose the weight I feel like I'll be much more self confident and will actually be able to find a job doing what I really want to do (insurance industry-related). Hmm..I wonder how long I should wait before starting the process.  My insurance will go into effect on 6/1.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views