OT - Need a Hotel not far from Tampa Gen Hospital

Connie M.
on 5/15/08 5:02 am - Summerfield, FL
Hi Friends, I plan on attending the Tampa support group next Tuesday.  Because I will be coming from a long distance away, I thought as a new resident to FL this would be a good time to investigate the Gulf coast and its beaches.  Can someone suggest a place that's within a 30 minute ride to TGH and on the Gulf Coast that is not too expensive for my husband and I to stay.  We willl probably arrive Tuesday, early afternoon, want to go to the beach then onto the support meeting then back to the hotel.  Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!!

Hugs, Connie 

(deactivated member)
on 5/15/08 8:54 pm

Hi Connie, Welcome to Florida.  You will not be in walking distance since TGH is on Davis Island.  Hotels are numerous along Gandy Bridge or the Howard Frankland Bridge area.  The westshore area is not beach but coastal on the bay.  When you search hotels on one of the search engines, plug in those areas as a base location.  Most any beach area between those two bridge areas will be thirty minutes or less.  Vicky

Connie M.
on 5/16/08 1:23 am - Summerfield, FL
Hi Vicky, Thanks for the info.  I was not looking for "walking distance" but just something that is 30-35 minutes by car away from the hospital..no further. Connie

Hugs, Connie 

shaejr
on 5/20/08 1:10 pm - Riverview, FL
Hello If you are coming to the support meeting for Tampa General.  Their support meeting are on Thursdays.  The next support meeting is 06/12/08. 
Redhaired
on 5/15/08 11:59 pm - Mouseville, FL
If you go to Hospitalsoup.com you can look up hotels -- sorted by  distance from the hospital.   Red

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views