RNY Surgeon Info.

michelle O.
on 5/8/08 3:23 am - Tampa, FL
I am moving to Port Richey, FL next month from upstate NY...Yes another New Yorker headed to warm weather. I am looking to find info. on RNY surgeon's to continue my post op care. I am 3 years out.  Thanks a bunch. Also what support groups have you all enjoyed and would suggest attending? Michelle
tinkerbell64
on 5/8/08 12:44 pm - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi Michelle, Welcome to Florida.  I know I am biased but I really like Dr. Gallagher and Dr. Murr they are with USF physicians group and practice at Tampa General Hospital which is a Center of Excellence. They also offer pre and post op support groups.  The pre op support group meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month.  They are basically where some of the post ops come in and share their experiences with people just getting ready to go through the surgery.  Dr. Murr and Gallagher want their patients to hear the good bad and ugly.  Then the post op support group meeting are the 3rd Tuesday of each month and usually there is a guest speaker of some sort, be it a dietician, psychologist, physician, excercise physiologist or plastic surgeon, etc.  I know there are other support groups in the area but I haven't attended them yet.  Best wishes to you.

glitter_maker_11_16_2007_12_14_42_9.gif picture by montanamvp3 

michelle O.
on 5/8/08 9:42 pm - Tampa, FL
Thank you for our response! The information will come in handy when I get there next month. I really want to find a support group as I think they can be quite beneficial in long term success. Thanks again! Michelle
Michael Eak
on 5/8/08 3:34 pm - Largo, FL
Dr. Ernest Rehnke at the  Palms of Pasadena does follow ups  for anyone moving into the Tampa Bay area. His brother, Robert is a Plastic Surgeon. They'll be featured at a Health Fair this coming Saturday at the Tyrone Square Mall in St. Petersburg. OH endorsed Support Groups with OH Support Group Leaders:

Palms of Pasadena Hospital - Professional Bldg.,
1609 Pasadena Ave. St. Petersburg, FL 33707
Diagnostic Center-The Third Saturday of each month @ 2:30PM
Boca Ciega Room-The Last Wednesday of each month @ 6:30PM
Check the www.obesitynomorefl.com Website Calender.

There are 2 support group meeting at the Morton Plant Hospital in Clearwater.
The meeting is held in the Tuttle Auditorium which is across from the Cafeteria.  We will be holding the support group after Dr Gordon and Dr Gonzalvo's information sessions.  Nadine Pazder also holds a nutrition session before our meetings so if she is still talking come on in anyway.  She is open to questions and answers during our meetings as well.  The time
will be 7:30pm till 8:30 or 9.  For the meetings there will be the new OH magazine for those of you who may need them as well as samples from a couple of different companies Also on a Saturday morning which starts at 10:00 am and ends between 11:30/12:00.  
Directions:  Alternate 19 to Jeffords (if you are coming south on alt 19 you  will turn right, if you are coming north on alt 19 you will turn left).  Take Jeffords almost to the end.  On the left side you will see the entrance to the parking lot and the hospital.  Enter the hospital and you can ask the receptionists where to go or go past that desk, make a right in the first big hallway, walk past the first set of elevators and go up the little ramp and turn towards the left.  You will take the first elevators on your right and push the button that says “cafeteria”.  When you come off the elevators, follow the signs to the cafeteria which will be on your right.  If you look to the left before you get to the main entrance of the cafeteria you will see the Tuttle Auditorium we are in the first of the two portions of the auditorium.  Contact Anne or June for further details at:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/sassie123/
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/junea1948/

There is also another endorsed ObesityHelp-Pasco Hernando Support Group  which until recently was meeting at the Hudson Library. Contact Marianne C. for further details:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/feathersnpaws/  

Otherwise Michele, do you still stay in touch with Celeste Momin?  I was featured in the OH magazine she was featured in also plus on the cover. Last I had heard she might've been moving from Ormond Beach to the Clearwater area.

michelle O.
on 5/8/08 9:41 pm - Tampa, FL
Michael,  Thank you for the response! It's very helpful. Yes, I do still keep in touch with Celeste. She is actually living in GA where her family is.  Hopefully I'll get to meet you also once I move down there next month. I've got 36 days till I leave not that I am counting. Thanks again! Michelle
FLGail
on 5/8/08 10:53 pm - Sun City, AZ
Hi Michelle, I think we have chatted before on here. Dr. Fernandez, who was my surgeon has a support group every second tuesday of the month at 630PM. It is at Town and Country hospital in Tampa for now. It will be moving eventually to Brandon hospital since Dr. Fernandez will be there full time. Now he is operating out of both. Any questions? Write me. Good luck with your move. Gail
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views