Panama City Bariatric surgeon info needed??

Michele Luv
on 5/6/08 4:10 am - Birmingham, AL
Can anyone help me with some info for a friend. She lives in the Panama City area and is in search of a good bariatric surgeon. All info is appreciated. thanks in advance. God Bless, MicheleLuv

FOR REUNION INFO.. use the link below!!
ObesityHelp Certified Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/MicheleLuv/messageboard/

kathy S.
on 5/12/08 11:27 am - Pensacola, FL
My surgeon operates on people from Panama City which leads me to believe there is no surgeon there.  His name is Dr. Jeffrey Lord and is at Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola.  Please tell her to stay away from Dr Nye @ baptist.  I've heard of several deaths over the years from his practice.  Dr. L has no deaths and no complications with over 5000 surgeries. http://www.sacred-heart.org/weightlosssurgery/ He's extremely busy!
kathsum
Michele Luv
on 5/12/08 12:13 pm - Birmingham, AL
Thanks so much Kathy..I will fur-sure pass this info along to her. God Bless, MicheleLuv

FOR REUNION INFO.. use the link below!!
ObesityHelp Certified Support Group Leader
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/MicheleLuv/messageboard/

Betsy H.
on 5/18/08 6:20 am - Pensacola, FL
I had my surgery on April 7, 2008 and Dr. Nye was my surgeon.  I can't say enough good things about him and his staff.  I attended a seminar of Dr. Lord's and felt that he was ****y and arrogant.  I felt he was competing with Dr. Nye.  Baptist Bariatric Center has been awarded the Center of Excellence Award and Sacred Heart hasn't.  At Dr. Nye's seminar, it was very evident that he was concerned about his patients and he was truthful about the surgery and risks.  Every time someone has surgery, they are aware that they may die but Dr. Nye isn't a hacker and I would trust him again with my life!
Ceres
on 6/1/08 6:08 am - Ormond Beach, FL

I too had Dr. Nye from Pensacola. I know that he has several other patients from Panama City - it's about 2 hours away.   I can't say enough good things about Dr. Nye and his team.  The other poster was correct in that his office was awarded the Bariatric Center of Excellence (in Feb 2008).  I am only 6 weeks post op - but he has been wonderful.  I had to call the after hours number on the saturday after surgery to see if I could take a tylenol for a headache.  He called within 10 minutes and was very nice, despite me interupting his Saturday. I would HIGHLY recommend him to all in NW Florida.  However, he won't take certain patients older than 65 and may have other limitations of which I may not be aware.

HW 322/SW 309/CW 195/GW 141
                                          Lost 13lbs before surgery

Cynthia0828
on 8/1/08 10:59 am - Lynn Haven, FL

I too used Dr. Nye and he was and still is great.
I do not feel uncomfortable calling and asking questions.
His bedside manner was great. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
His follow up is good also.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views