HOW TO DEAL WITH BEING OVERWEIGHT AND NOT HAVING ANY SUPPORT

PRINCESSBEE
on 5/5/08 1:26 pm - SPRING HILL, FL
I am new to this forum and would like to get some advice on how to deal with being over weight and not having any support. I am interested in having the lap band surgery done or maybe the liposuction, but I am not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Redhaired
on 5/6/08 12:41 am - Mouseville, FL
We are going to need a little more information.  How much do you weigh-- how much do you need to lose.  Liposuction is pretty much for spot reduction not for weight reduction, so if you are overweight, liposuction is probably not going to be very beneficial.   Red

Corgi Mom !.
on 5/6/08 6:24 am - sunny, FL
On your profile it says your BMI is 71.1 I would recommend that you start your research in the area of the Duodenal Switch or the RNY surgery as it is more beneficial towards people with larger amounts to loose than the lap band surgery also liposuction is purely cosmetic and of no beneficial action toward weight loss.  There is a lot of good information to be found at the top icons of this site and continue to ask questions.  Good luck.
Corgi Mom
RNY
3/16/05
287/129  bmi 20.2 height  5'7"
Loss is good Maintanance is GREAT
Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly
tinkerbell64
on 5/6/08 10:58 am - St. Petersburg, FL
Hi, Dr. Gallagher and Dr. Murr have a preop seminar this Thursday from 3:00pm to 5:30pm.  Then there is a pre op support group meeting the same evening from 6:30 to 8:30.  They also have post op support group meetings the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8:30 which are really pretty great.  They bring in a guest speaker each month sometimes the Dieticians, or psychologists from spectra.  Sometimes they bring in plastic surgeons or other physicans or exercise physiologists.  Good Luck.  If Dr. Gallagher does your surgery you will be in great hands he is a great doctor as is Dr. Murr.

glitter_maker_11_16_2007_12_14_42_9.gif picture by montanamvp3 

RavenLunatic
on 5/6/08 11:57 am - Deltona, FL
I'm here to tell you, You Have all the support you need in this forum. Every one of us has been in your situation, Give or take a few pounds.  I started my Journey at 392lbs... I wanted to have the RNY.. but my surgeon felt it wasn't Safe to do that procedure with the BMI   I had, and He suggested i consider the vertical Sleeve (( Which i did have done. )) I couldn't be happier with the results. I wouldn't even think about  "Lipo"  For quite a while..AFTER  your surgery, As you will be loosing quite a bit of weight, and there will be some areas that you may choose to "Lipo" then.. Here I am.. at almost 6 months later.. Iv'e gone from 392 in Nov. to my present weight of 286 ( 5-06-2008)
Randy "RavenLunatic" Cooke
PRINCESSBEE
on 5/6/08 11:57 am - SPRING HILL, FL
Thanks for the info. I am going to check into the Duodenal Switch and/or RNY.  I do have another question for you, well actually a few more questions. 1. Does being this much over-weight prevent you from conceiving? 2. How do I upload a pic for my profile pic?
PRINCESSBEE
on 5/6/08 12:00 pm - SPRING HILL, FL
Does anyone know of any other ways to lose weight besides the Lap Band or Liposuction? I have been over weight for atleast five years and I am so badly wanting to lose it.  I am 5'3 and weigh  263...
Redhaired
on 5/6/08 2:23 pm - Mouseville, FL
There are several weight loss surgeries currently being done.  The duodenal switch, RNY, Lap band and vertical sleeve gastrectomy are the main surgeries currently being done.  You can find information on each of these by clicking on the word forums above.  Have you checked into the Duodenal Switch?  You can find the DS forum at:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DS/a,messageboard/board_id ,5357/

PRINCESSBEE
on 5/7/08 3:46 am - SPRING HILL, FL
Where in Fla can the procedure Duodenal Switch be perform? I checked on the internet and all I could find was in Miami and then there were a couple of places in Georgia?  What is the vertical sleeve gastrectomy?  I did check into the Duodenal Switch and it may be something I am willing to try. I am so desperately wanting to lose this weight and be attractive to my husband again. I feel so embarrassed because of the way I look.
Melissa R.
on 5/7/08 6:31 am - FL
VSG on 01/23/11 with
Well if you want get the DS in FL I would use Dr. Michel Gagner.  He is in Miami just relocated from NY.  He is wonderful.  I am not using him because I am a selfpay and I have no help down in Miami.  So when I have my VSG I am going to Jacksonville, FL.  Dr. (George) Steve Webb.  You can call their office and they are very helpful.  They tell you everything that you may need to know.  Here is the link to where I am going: http://www.lapwls.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view &id=16&Itemid=48

Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views