retraction

Lorifloridagirl
on 5/1/08 11:44 am, edited 6/4/09 4:14 am - Clearwater, FL

best of luck!!
Redhaired
on 5/1/08 10:46 pm - Mouseville, FL
Lori- I am so sorry you have had so much trouble.  There are two sites on-line to check a physicians record with the state of FLorida.  These sites may not provide all of the information you need; but it is a good place to start. http://ww2.doh.state.fl.us/IRM00profiling/searchform.asp  and http://www.floir.com/Liability/

tmn9761
on 5/2/08 3:01 am - New Port Richey, FL
Wow - sorry to hear you had such a negative experience with Dr. Small.  I know MANY of his patients personally, and have never heard of anything like this regarding him - in fact his patients (the dozen or so of whom I know personally) absolutely love him!  I DO understand though how you feel, because I had issues with another local surgeon from St. Pete who has a huge following, but whose business ethics and practices I seriously question.  In checking with the state, I also found NUMEROUS legal actions regarding his medical practice listed.  He scares the living daylights out of me, and knowing what I know NOW, am so THANKFUL that I did not let this man touch me!   If you are unhappy with Dr. Small, I would suggest Dr. Richard Gordon or Dr. John Paul Gonzalvo in Largo.  They did my RNY in 2006 - I chose them after interviewing five OTHER local surgeons (including the one I mentioned above), and absolutely love them both.   Hope everything works out for you!

~ Terri - Come on and CRUISE TO LOSE with us!

Lorifloridagirl
on 5/2/08 4:07 am - Clearwater, FL
Thanks for your understanding and support!!! I will look into thoses surgeons that u have mentioned. I think I will be needing them I have a appointment to go to shands and I am sure I will need some follow-up...
tmn9761
on 5/2/08 5:52 am - New Port Richey, FL

Best of luck - I'm sure you will receive excellent care at Shands.  Keep us posted!

~ Terri - Come on and CRUISE TO LOSE with us!

Carol M.
on 5/2/08 11:17 pm - White Springs, FL
Shands is wonderful.!   Dr Ben-David is a SUPER doctor.  He really cares about his patients.  He is doing my RNY on May 12th.
RavenLunatic
on 5/6/08 12:46 pm - Deltona, FL
I am so sorry you have had a problematic experience..  But,.. you are SO right..  RESEARCH your surgeon of choice, It's your right to know how many of each procedure your surgeon has done, What his credentials are, What other procedures he / she is proficient in.. THEN check references !! and check some more !! IF.. at all possible.. visit the surgeons facility.. Speak candidly with your surgeon about what your expectations are, and which procedure is right for you !! I have heard MANY horror stories pertaining to the Lapband..  (Erosion, Slippage, and constant projectile purging,) Plus i hated the idea of fills and adjustments..  i wanted my procedure done, so I can get on with my new healthier life ! The Vertical Sleeve has been the answer to my prayers ! After MONTHS... of research.. I selected Dr. Aceves in Mexicali Mex. I was troubled to say the least about the prospect of surgery out of the USA..But..i can honestly say I was So pleased. With  My  Dr. Aceves, The Hospital, The cleanliness, and the Compassionate staff. I have NEVER seen such a sufficient and CLEAN hospital, The staff was great about explaining EVERYTHING with me  through out my stay. And i mean everything !! There were NO surprises. I almost hated to leave !  I wish everyone could have as good an experience as i had !! Randy In Orlando, FL.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views