Orlando Support Group Meeting

slimderella
on 4/29/08 3:48 am - Orlando, FL

Hello!  I just writing to remind those of you in the Greater Orlando area of our WOCF (The Weight's Over of Central Florida) WLS Support Group Meeting being held tomorrow , Wed. April 30th at 7:00 PM at the Herndon Library (4324 E. Colonial Drive, Orlando, FL  32803).  We will be hosting guest speaker, Dr. Ruddock, a Mental Health Counselor from Lake County that works with bariatric patients. We will be discussing pre-op expectations and the post-op realities that we as weight-loss surgery patients face.  I hope you will join us for this meeting, and feel free to bring a friend or two!  In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to drop me a line anytime at: [email protected].  And if you can’t make it tomorrow, we hope to see you next month.  Don’t forget WOCF meets every last Wed. evening of the month at the Herndon Library at 7:00 PM, and we are also on-line at: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TWOCF/.

See you soon,

Monica

WOCF Support Group Leader

(407) 267-4529 – phone/fax

[email protected] – e-mail

Kelly C.
on 4/30/08 11:06 am - Ocoee, FL
Hi Monica, I sure wish I had seen this post yesterday!  I missed my normal group meeting this week because of my work schedule and have heard that you also had a group but I just needed the details.  Is the next one on May 28?  I would love to stop by! Thanks! Kelly

Jeremiah 29:11-For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

slimderella
on 4/30/08 1:44 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi Kelly! I am sorry I posted the reminder too late... I have been taking care of my sick baby, and time just seemed to escape me over the past several weeks.  Anyway, yes, we will be meeting on the 28th of May. We meet every last Wed. of each month at 7 PM at the Herndon Libray off of E. Colonial Drive in Orlando.  We also have an on-line forum if you would like to check it out... http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/TWOCF/.  In the meantime, should you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to drop me a line at: [email protected].  Several patients from your surgeon's office are in the group, so I am sure you would feel right at home.  I hope to meet you next month... Take care, Monica
RavenLunatic
on 5/6/08 12:10 pm - Deltona, FL
Sounds like a great group... I had the gastric sleeve this past Dec. 4th 2007 with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, MX. I am So "elated" About the positive benefits of bariatric surgery.. SO FAR.. I havelost over 100lbs..In Nov. i weighed 392lbs.. i had my surgery in dec. at 372.. and here i am at 5 months post and weighing in at 286.. I am just 35-45 lbs from my goal of 250ish !  I feel SO much better, and feel my quality of life is getting better everyday !  I want everyone that has a problem with obesity to feel as good and hopefull as i do !  All the best to you..  Randy C.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Coronary Angiogram Question
Another Fatone · 0 replies · 367 views
Medicaid requirements
Bugaboo2010 · 0 replies · 1441 views
Newbie here
fatsuitbegone · 1 replies · 1434 views
Dr. Michel Murr
Kwhitmer · 0 replies · 1576 views